• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This is my concern as well. I have folks willing to be references. They aren’t willing to give employer and employers phone. That’s making it sound like your references have to have references who can be contacted and that is a bridge too far.
    Only 1 telephone number for a reference is sufficient.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    A really determined investigator will just look it up on linked in or something

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    But I'm pretty sure no contact info for the employer was required, right?
    Correct. It asks where they work, but you don't have to provide a work number. Just one phone number and email the reference can be reached at.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Correct. It asks where they work, but you don't have to provide a work number. Just one phone number and email the reference can be reached at.
    So if they can’t get through to them (cough…county school system), do they just move on?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm getting ready to submit my information for a permit but something is bugging me.
    On page 28 of the instructions at the MSP W&C licensing form they want the reference's phone number, E-mail address, mailing address, employer and employer's phone number.

Is this for real? I thought they only required phone# and E-mail address for references. I don't want to piss off my hard won references by asking for the additional info. Am I misreading this?
    Name and phone number is sufficient.

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    One of my references is a good longtime friend who lives in London. He's American but works in finance so he moves around some. He has a US cell number that I entered but the portal does not allow foreign addresses. I entered his street address and then a note in the Apt. field saying "contact submitter for address in England". After that it's London, Maryland, 21403 since it has to be a US state and ZIP. What are my chances this will get rejected? I haven't submitted yet.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    One of my references is a good longtime friend who lives in London. He's American but works in finance so he moves around some. He has a US cell number that I entered but the portal does not allow foreign addresses. I entered his street address and then a note in the Apt. field saying "contact submitter for address in England". After that it's London, Maryland, 21403 since it has to be a US state and ZIP. What are my chances this will get rejected? I haven't submitted yet.
    It's impossible to know. The app may be accepted. The investigator may or may not call. We dont know yet what the process is.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If he is from Baltimore, I think I would put Baltimore/London U.K.

Your friend might want to use you for a reference for his butter knife license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom