• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Got my QHIC last year to get myself out of renewal training and to (maybe) eventually dip my toes in the training waters as someone's henchman/helper.

Friend of a friend claimed he'd bring me on with him and his guys once they got their range built. A year later I'm figuring that was smoke...

I know the law decently. Beyond that I'm green as hell. My plan, misguided or otherwise, was to help someone out for a few bucks and pick up what I can as I go. That may be a non-starter for a majority of folks, I don't know, but I'm posting here to poll the crowd.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    So I'm confused. Are you building me a range or am I supposed to build you a range.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm just trying to remain realistic here. I'm no expert. I'm not retired military or LE although neither of those instantly qualify for anything.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I will give myself credit. I'm an adept public speaker and confident even in front of strangers as long as I'm confident in what I'm discussing. I would make a poor bullshitter

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    So I'm confused. Are you building me a range or am I supposed to build you a range.
    I believe the OP got his QHIC creds but doesn't feel he has the skills to put it to use so is looking to apprentice with an experienced QHIC.

If anyone is building a range, I'd be willing to put in some time (have various construction skills) in exchange for future range time.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I believe the OP got his QHIC creds but doesn't feel he has the skills to put it to use so is looking to apprentice with an experienced QHIC.

If anyone is building a range, I'd be willing to put in some time (have various construction skills) in exchange for future range time.
    I'd definitely be considered a novice instructor

I had an offer to work with a guy once his range was built. The range never materialized.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    How do you feel about driving to Calvert county? A friend of mine is an instructor and was asking me if I could come and work for him as an assistant instructor. I don’t have the time to do it.
    He is looking for someone that can commit to every Sunday.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    How do you feel about driving to Calvert county? A friend of mine is an instructor and was asking me if I could come and work for him as an assistant instructor. I don’t have the time to do it.
    He is looking for someone that can commit to every Sunday.
    Guess it'd depend on the rate and exact location. Owings is a lot different than Solomons

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Huntingtown. I have no idea about the pay rate. He is expanding his range to hold more students and needs a reliable assistant instructor. I can ask him tomorrow and send you a pm after I talk to him.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Methinks I would be asking any instructors here if they could use some help stapling targets and do some menial range labor during class in order to hang around and watch. Maybe side by side teach one of the most basic NRA basic portions of whatever basic pistol class.
    Yeah. I would drive up to 2 hours for that if that's my only choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom