• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    MD Escapee: Mid-Tennessee
    I thought it might be useful to have a thread dedicated to small waist bag size carry options for those who might be interested in pursuing this option now or down the road a bit. I hope those of you who have experience, good, bad or indifferent with small waist size carry options will chime in and add your thoughts, tips and tricks to this thread for the benefit of the members and visitors to MDS.

I'll kick off with the first go---

I recently purchased an Eberlestock "Bando Bag" to provide an option for concealed carry when a holster may not be the most viable option for concealment or comfort. The Bando Bag retails for $50.00 and is available in several different color choices. A link to the product:
    https://eberlestock.com/collections/edc-packs/products/bando-bag?variant=43120339779820

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

Eberlestock's Bando bag is manufactured in Vietnam and was designed with concealed carry in mind-- it features a rear compartment dedicated for concealed carry of a compact or sub-compact firearm. A movable elastic strap provides a way to limit the movement of the firearm within the compartment and allows you to minimally adjust the position of the firearm within the compartment. A secure loop in either lower corner of the compartment will allow for a trigger guard lanyard to be strung through the loop to provide a measure of safety and protection of the trigger.

I've included photos of the Bando bag w/the SIG P365 XL W/R Zero and Glock 43X located in the dedicated firearm rear compartment with an extra mag to provide a good idea of the size of the bag relative to these sized firearms.

IMG_1241.jpeg

IMG_1244.jpeg

As seen below, a full length zipper provides access to a hooded cargo pocket that features an elastic strap suitable for securing a flashlight, tourniquet, spare magazine etc.. The cargo compartment also has an internal netted zipper pocket to facilitate separation of items and prevent bunching.

IMG_1245.jpeg

Two other smaller open divider pockets allow for further separation of items within the pocket.

IMG_1247.jpeg

Side view of the Bando bag loaded:
    -Concealed firearm compartment: Glock 43X and spare magazine

Hooded cargo compartment:
    -Flashlight w/spare battery; CAT tourniquet; hemostatic bandage; 2xSCW bandage; 1pair vinyl gloves; surgical tape; and flip knife

Outside zip pocket:
    -Money clip wallet and car keys

IMG_1246.jpeg

Bottom Line: Plenty of room to carry a few essential items w/some space left over. The zippers are medium duty with nice rubberized pull loops. Getting access to the firearm isn't speed draw quick and will require some planning ahead and practice if a stealthy removal is required.

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpeg
      IMG_1246.jpeg
      213.1 KB · Views: 67

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    You do know a skilled street thug can zip a knife through the strap on that bag and have it down the street before you know what happened.
    Hehehe...I did that to my buddy's old lady at a FoF class. I used a seat belt cutter just to be safe (no live weapons allowedin the training environment) but my pocket knife would have been just as effective. According to him, he had to buy her a new purse. He bought me liquor, too, for curing her of her off body carry habit.

Eberlestock makes great stuff but I'm not sure I'd put my gun in a fanny pack. If I needed to go without a belt for some reason, I'd be buying a phlster enigma.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    You do know a skilled street thug can zip a knife through the strap on that bag and have it down the street before you know what happened.
    Excellent point. Some travel packs have thin wire cables running through the belt to prevent this type of attack; I’m surprised Eberlestock hasn’t implemented this.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Nothing screams "Gun" than an old, fat, white guy wearing a fanny pack

Well, maybe not as much as an old, fat, white guy wearing a photographer or safari vest on a hot spring or summer day with their cargo shorts and hiking boots.

If you go Jack Bauer with a Maxpedition style versa pak or over the shoulder sling bag, their straps are heavy enough to prevent a purse snatcher doing a cut&run as mentioned by John and lay closer on your body and strong arm.

Some can look like a normal fagbag or laptop case so you can bait the little basterds to try to close in and attempt to mug you.

Last edited:

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Jokes on you. Stealing is illegal and....they just ran towards a gun free zone. You lose.

Look how much thought he put into his post just to have the first comment try to derail it :P

Just have to add a thin steel cable to stop that

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Eberlestock makes great stuff but I'm not sure I'd put my gun in a fanny pack. If I needed to go without a belt for some reason, I'd be buying a phlster enigma.
    The Enigma not only fulfills its purpose, it’s surprisingly comfortable.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    The Enigma not only fulfills its purpose, it’s surprisingly comfortable.
    I don't have one because I wear belts.

One of my coworkers has gone to the enigma as his default summer carry. Most people looking at him assume he's a hipster. To be fair, the bitch biscuit on his head does give that impression. And the board shorts. Jokes on them because he's damn fast with his glock.

Women who don't want to wear belts, I usually suggest the enigma. Several have contacted me to follow up, saying it has become their favorite rig.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I don't have one because I wear belts.

One of my coworkers has gone to the enigma as his default summer carry. Most people looking at him assume he's a hipster. To be fair, the bitch biscuit on his head does give that impression. And the board shorts. Jokes on them because he's damn fast with his glock.

Women who don't want to wear belts, I usually suggest the enigma. Several have contacted me to follow up, saying it has become their favorite rig.
    LMFAO

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I have a Blackhawk! fanny pack that I have used successfully with a G27 when running. It has to be super tight to keep it from bouncing. A lighter gun in a belly band carries much better when running.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I have a Blackhawk! fanny pack that I have used successfully with a G27 when running. It has to be super tight to keep it from bouncing. A lighter gun in a belly band carries much better when running.
    …and if it carries better running, it carries better walking.

And one can keep strapped when you poop.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You can put these across your chest too. Not really made for it, but works.
    And no one is targeting you with a seat belt cutter thingy or a hella sharp knife and cutting it off of you.
    Untucked shirt over it is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom