• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    My girlfriend bought me a pistol for Valentines Day (A CZ75 Compact). The gun was purchased on February 16th. Just called The Gun Rack, and was told that the MSP are currently working on February 6th purchases. So a minimum of 10-12 more days to get the paperwork back. :sad20:
    Girlfriend just can't understand what is taking so long. lol "When can we take your gun shooting?" "Why do you have to wait so long? You already have all these guns, shouldn't they just let you take it since you've already been cleared?"
    God I love MD.:sarcasm:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I just left my LGS and they told me ther are getting back paperwork from 2/7, mine was from 2/16 also so I'm figuring next Friday but I'm not holding my breath.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Just called The Gun Rack

You're one of the only other people I've seen on MDS who actually shops at the Gun Rack. I have a Beretta waiting on the MSP that I recently purchased from them; was planning on taking my wife to look at the compact CZs for her this Friday. Any idea on what they have left in stock?

I'll ask when I drop by what dates they're receiving and update this thread if it isn't closed.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    You're one of the only other people I've seen on MDS who actually shops at the Gun Rack. I have a Beretta waiting on the MSP that I recently purchased from them; was planning on taking my wife to look at the compact CZs for her this Friday. Any idea on what they have left in stock?

I'll ask when I drop by what dates they're receiving and update this thread if it isn't closed.

I bought my first AK and Saiga 12 from them many years ago. I've never had an issue with Gun Rack, but I don't generally deal with them. I only went there because they are a CZ dealer. I honestly didn't expect them to have anything given the current situation; or I wouldn't have gone. I didn't want my girlfriend to spend that much money, I was just humoring her when we went there. lol I was shocked to see their displays loaded with guns, and they just happened to have the CZ model I was wanting. I tried to steer her towards a $225 CZ 52, but she insisted she wasn't buying me "some old gun". :sad20:

GoBang

Feb 21, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'm also waiting on MSP to come back from 2/13 to Gun Rack, normally wouldn't shop with them but they had what I was looking for, knew I paid to much but wanted to get over with, must say I'm anxious to get in & out after all that been posted.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Now I have a question is it the date on the application or the date they received it? I filled out mine on the 16th but they didn't fax it till the 18th.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Does anyone know the answer to this question? If you were to be disapproved/flagged (or whatever term works here) after you already purchased firearms, by examining the multitude of databases, would they come get them? I often wonder the answer to this question, because if you already have a firearm, why would you need a check for a subsequent purchase? Aren't you already in a database of "owners?" It just seems like a waste of resources.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I bought my first AK and Saiga 12 from them many years ago. I've never had an issue with Gun Rack, but I don't generally deal with them. I only went there because they are a CZ dealer. I honestly didn't expect them to have anything given the current situation; or I wouldn't have gone. I didn't want my girlfriend to spend that much money, I was just humoring her when we went there. lol I was shocked to see their displays loaded with guns, and they just happened to have the CZ model I was wanting. I tried to steer her towards a $225 CZ 52, but she insisted she wasn't buying me "some old gun". :sad20:

Yeah, I called around trying to find the Beretta I wanted - they were one of the few that had NIB in stock. They almost swayed me into getting a CZ - but they didn't have one with a rail (kids = need light).

I respect their knowledge and decent prices (slightly above MSRP - understandable given the current prices), but customer service is either hit or miss. I get that due to their location, they get a lot of bs with people wanting to waste their time by browsing. Still, when I call to ask if they have my gun in stock, spend 10 minutes look over a Beretta at the store, and then ask if they have one NIB, I think it's a bit rude to stop and question if I'm serious about purchasing it before pulling it out of an open safe. Then again, the guy looked my age (older son?) - so maybe it was just a lack of selling experience.

DarthZed said:
    some old gun
    Lol

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Does anyone know the answer to this question? If you were to be disapproved/flagged (or whatever term works here) after you already purchased firearms, by examining the multitude of databases, would they come get them? I often wonder the answer to this question, because if you already have a firearm, why would you need a check for a subsequent purchase? Aren't you already in a database of "owners?" It just seems like a waste of resources.

I wouldn't think the "disapproved" would affect other firearms you might own. The databases are not integrated to that extent. And the "powers that be" would only be concerned with the firearm in question; not whatever else you might own. Though you should never admit to owning other guns.
    I know a guy at work who got arrested for a non-weapons charge (family issues). He had a gun in the trunk at the time and it was confiscated. When he went before a judge and mentioned that he thought it was unlawful for them to take the gun since he was a collector. The judge ordered all his other guns seized. I don't honestly remember the particulars of the case; but in a nutshell he lost all his firearms. Which I thought was astounding.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    if you already have a firearm, why would you need a check for a subsequent purchase? Aren't you already in a database of "owners?"

I think the reason is that people's statuses can change - even if someone was arrested, they would have to update the list and then check the buyer against it whenever they wanted a new purchase.

This also has the disadvantage of keeping a list of gun-owners, a de-facto gun registry. The current system protects individual privacy, but at the cost of efficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom