• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Cold and crowded. One hour and not my turn yet. Should have brought a handgun.

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    I think that's the way to roll. Take a pistol in case you have some time to wait.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I went this morning. I got there at 9:15 and still got #3 to wait. It was not a bad wait though as most of them there this morning were hunters sighting in. I always bring a pistol (or 2, or 3) and was on the rifle range just before 11:00.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    I posted the original topic at the range using my iPhone. Didn't know that I could get 3G coverage there.

Anyway, I finally got a lane after waiting 3 rotations. Should have known better and brought other toys to entertain myself.

Ultimate Member
    I drove up there and was like oh shit, there are a million cars here. I had to park in the woods. Then I got down with my little backpack and was happy to see there was no one on the handgun line.

I was there for 2hrs before a RO came in and asked how I was doing. I just said, great I've been here for 2hrs and have seen about 5 people.

The handgun range never gets crowded except in the spring or summer, when its warm.

Its nice if you have a buddy on a rifle bench and you can pop in and share.

If Hap Baker filled their rifle benches by affirmative actions, I'd be in business.

NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    Good info to know. I’m heading up Saturday morning to sight in my AR. But now I’ll take a hand gun as well. If I have to wait then might as well do something use full.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Raise your hand if, after a 40 minute drive, you were two miles from Hap Baker this morning before realizing they're always closed on Mondays and Tuesdays!!!

:wave:

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Raise your hand if, after a 40 minute drive, you were two miles from Hap Baker this morning before realizing they're always closed on Mondays and Tuesdays!!!

:wave:

Not at Hap, but got to Loch Raven Skeet and Trap's front gate before realizing they were closed....about a 20 minute drive from my house.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I went up Sunday morning, waited for a while than realized I would've been like #8 in line, so I just left. That was a wasted trip. They open at 10am, right? I was there at about quarter after, and it was PACKED!

MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    I went up Sunday morning, waited for a while than realized I would've been like #8 in line, so I just left. That was a wasted trip. They open at 10am, right? I was there at about quarter after, and it was PACKED!

No they open at 9am, they don't start shooting intil 10am.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Gonna be there tomorrow morning with a relatively new shooter. Hoping that opening day will keep most folks off the range and in their tree stands.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Got there at 9 and it was nice and quiet. The line filled up by 10, though. My newbie shot the SKS and a Mosin and was surprisingly accurate with both of them. She put 10 rounds downrange out of the Mosin, which was nine more than I thought she would shoot. Good shooting today!

NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    I got there about 11:30. Started at the pistol range and 50 rounds later the RSO got me and I was shooting on the rifle range. Worked out perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom