• ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Wal-Mart Drops Gun Sales in Some Stores

Friday , April 14, 2006

Fox News

The world's largest retailer decided last month to remove firearms from about 1,000 stores in favor of stocking other sporting goods, in line with a 'Store of the Community strategy for boosting sales by paying closer attention to local differences in demand. :innocent0

"This decision is based on diminished customer relevancy and demand in these markets," :rolleyes:

As Wal-Mart seeks growth by moving from rural America into cities and suburbs, it finds it needs to retune its inventory to appeal to more urban consumers. :sad20:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Jim Sr said:
    As Wal-Mart seeks growth by moving from rural America into cities and suburbs, it finds it needs to retune its inventory to appeal to more urban consumers. :sad20:

Does that mean they are going to start stocking MAC-10s and UZIs? Maybe I can finally go to Wal-Mart to get a set of HoMeBoY NyTe-SyTeS for my Glock 23:

nyte-sytes.jpg

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Lambo said:
    Will they continue to sell Ammo?
    Ouch. I didn't think of that. I'll be in a world of hurt down here in Southern MD if Wal-Mart does not continute to sell ammo. The local gun stores are basically highway robbers.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Since this is a campaign to allegedly better market the communities in which the stores are located, one would hope that this would mean more guns and ammo in rural stores, along with competent counter help.

It's just a business decision. One that sucks, but probably a smart move to protect profits.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Spot77 said:
    Since this is a campaign to allegedly better market the communities in which the stores are located, one would hope that this would mean more guns and ammo in rural stores, along with competent counter help.

And I hope to date lingerie models. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom