• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I was at Walmart in Lavale this morning. There was not a single box of ammo left in their ammo cases. Not one box. Nothing. There were still shotgun shells on the shelf, but that was it. I was there on Sunday and it was picked over pretty good, but there was still some ammo left. Today, nothing. There was nobody around that I could ask what was going on. I don't know what is going on. Are they getting out of the ammo business or is it just panic / Christmas buying? Is it like this at all the Walmarts or just this one?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's a store-by-store thing as far as selling ammo. Considering all the over-reactions going on, it's possible a loon went in there thinking he needed to buy anything and everything just because. Head this way and you'll find ammo at every Wal-Mart. Picked over right now for sure, but not empty. Christmas a few days ago is a huge factor.

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    Last week the Westminster and Cockeysville Wal-Marts only had a few boxes of .40 and .17.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    All of the wal marts around fredneck have had empty shelves for the last week or two, until today. I just left the store of rt 26 and they had a decent selection

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Thanks guys. This makes me feel a little bit better. Yeah, I bought all the 40 S&W they had last week, but they had a fair amount of rifle ammo left. Hopefully they will restock soon. I was just concerned because I have never seen them completely wiped out. They did not even have the locks on the cases anymore. I was afraid they were getting out of the ammo business.

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    I was at Walmart in Lavale this morning. There was not a single box of ammo left in their ammo cases. Not one box. Nothing. There were still shotgun shells on the shelf, but that was it. I was there on Sunday and it was picked over pretty good, but there was still some ammo left. Today, nothing. There was nobody around that I could ask what was going on. I don't know what is going on. Are they getting out of the ammo business or is it just panic / Christmas buying? Is it like this at all the Walmarts or just this one?
    Walmart's supply chain system is legendary. I would expect all supplies to be replenished very soon. And, since the demand is recently high,I would expect the level of the supply to be higher...i.e., MORE on the shelves (and in "back room").

[deep, cleansing breaths...]

my $0.02...

quad

Another Hooligan
    Mar 31, 2011
    Allegany County
    LaVale walmarts ammo case lock is broken, and the ammo is in the back, according to the sporting goods worker on the phone. Dunno how true it is, since keyser's wm has to call for a management member to unlock theirs. Knowing MD, they keep it in the back just cause.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Abingdon, Md Wal-Mart had steel case, tula and such, but not in big quantities. Just the premium stuff. 4 box per person limit sign right up there. Man behind counter says we are living in tough times.

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    Was in the Fallston store today and the guy behind the counter showed me the walmart corporate memo that said no store will be able to order or receive ammo or gun deliveries until after they find out what has been banned federally or locally.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    WM in Hagerstown has a selection of almost every caliber... even .223 varmint. It's definitely picked over but they did have Winchester 22lr bulk pack which was new this weekend. uh oh about the corporate memo.

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    WM in Hagerstown has a selection of almost every caliber... even .223 varmint. It's definitely picked over but they did have Winchester 22lr bulk pack which was new this weekend. uh oh about the corporate memo.

Im just passing on the info I got. Fallston always has plenty of ammo and was very low and picked through. When I asked the guy he said this is the memo we got when we tried to place a new order yesterday.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Was there today.The clerk I spoke to said that he (Walmart) will/can not order any more guns/ammo at this time. When I asked if this was a company or vendor issue, he said both. I was looking fo 9mm and it was all gone except for high dollar HP Federal ammo. I was at Freestate yesterday and I overheard one of the owners say that he can't get .223's because they aren't even taking orders. I guess the gun industry is in kind of a lock down due to political uncertainty.

This would be the Falston Walmart. Forgot to mention which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom