Walmart Super Center Frederick - No more ammo sales?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I called the Walmart on Friday night and asked if they had any .40 in. They told me no, and that whatever they have left is all they will have because they have discontinued selling ammo after the CT event. Can anyone else confirm this is true??

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Seriously doubt it. Probably just somebody sick and tired of people calling with the same questions 10,000x per day.

m&p9

Dec 18, 2012
    Salisbury
    I was told the same thing but he wasn't sure if it were temporary or not. Just said not allowed to order any

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    They can't order anymore directly as corp is doing the ordering so that all the stores can get some ammo and not just one store ordering it all but they will still get ammo

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I'm not sure how this rumor keeps getting fueled. I've talked to the folks at several stores and none of them are aware of such a plan by Walmart. The problem is that ammo is just not available.

Walmart is the largest gun retailer in the country. Above all us Walmart is about making money.....they are not going to shoot themselves in the foot by getting rid of some of their most popular items.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I was at Dicks in Glen Burnie and Bass Pro and neither had any 9mm or .40 cal. Shelves were bare. They had some .380 and .38 Special. Dicks is restricting sales of ammo to 6 boxes per customer.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I wasn't trying to imply that it was a chain wide policy -- it was strictly for this particular Wal Mart. I called several that evening, and this was the only store that told me this. It looks like it was just a case of misinformed employees. Thanks!

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    If you Google "walmart ammo statement" you will find many references to Ashley Hardie, a Walmart spokesman,
    This is a quote from one news report, but they all say essentially the same thing.

“First, let me say, the reports are inaccurate,” Ashley Hardie, Walmart corporate spokesperson, said of the Internet uproar. “We will continue serving our customers in this area as we have done in the past.”

Why the employee's are telling people they can no longer "order" ammo is anyone's guess. I think they're just ASSuming.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I wish I had a dollar for every different story that starts with "The guy at the Walmart ammo counter told me....."

Mschade5000

Dec 28, 2012
    Just stopped by the Germantown Walmart. Looks like they've restocked on some ammo. Had a good bit of 9mm and .380 that I saw. First new stuff I've see on the shelf there in a while.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    That's strange because it seems that about the only pistol ammo I can find are .380 ACP & .40 S&W — I've seen .40 S&W boxes in both Mt. Airy and Westminster WalMarts and the Dick's in Westminster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom