• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Brought a buddy to agc today. Shooting a bunch of different stuff, but so far my favorite has been the te walther p22. Had over 550 rounds, i kept reloading both mags, 1 in pipe and cracking em off. Then we started loading while the other shot. Of course we had a few fail to load but not many. I was seriously trying to break it lol but it kept going! Using federal and remington. Anyone looking for a .22 pistol...id recommend it!

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    If ya wanna break it, I got 2 hours to kill, a vice and an oxy-acetylene torch lying around...

But seriously, I've been on the fence about a P22 for over a year now. I like the grip, just don't know what to do with the other hand... Glad to hear you dig it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    They are neat guns. I really want to like them but honestly they are made of really poor materials.

I cant even recall how many I have seen for problems. Ones that run, tend to run well for a reasonably long time. They are also known for slide cracking. Walther will take care of problem guns but it may take several trips to make it right, and some guns will only eat one type of ammo.

Mike at Midcounty has one with like 10K suppressed rounds and no cleaning. its still chigging along.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    same here, had my two boys at the range with. Shot 9mm, shotgun, rifle .40SW and a good two bricks of bulk throught he little P22. Would not stop firing, dirty and all. Had several failure to fire but those would also not fire in the rifle either, just duds.

Had several reactive targets they chased all over the place, sand filled milk jugs, clay targets etc. The most rounds, bar-none, went through the P22, almost 1,000. I have ten mags and they went quick each time until we had to reload.

One of the most fun guns I have ... no I am not ashamed to admit it ....

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Mike at Midcounty has one with like 10K suppressed rounds and no cleaning. its still chigging along.

Sounds like mine.

I don't know how many rounds it has through it, but it's somewhere around "a lot" and "why does this still work?" Still chugging although racking the slide makes a sound nearly identical to slowly rubbing together two pieces of sandpaper.

I've considered selling it many times, but haven't broken down yet.

They are really total junk and I bought mine on a whim. It has eaten its value in .22LR so I can't say it was a bad investment.

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    I got one so the wife can start shooting and get comfortable with a semi auto.

I've heard differing opinions on them: i.e. piece of crap etc.

But, I think I've only cleaned it once and other than the occaisional FTF the thing runs like a champ.

A lot cheaper than 9mm ammo.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    the p22q's have a much more ergonomic grip if you haven't held them yet. they feel like they've swelled out the sides a bit more. They also deleted the intergral safety.

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    Mine has been very reliable (not one problem) through approx. 800 rounds. I ran another 150 through it today. I did the popular "round off the trigger bar ears" job - hope it helps long-term. Everybody that has shot it likes it....

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Got to admit I like mine also. Runs great with a can. If I want well built bigger guns I get out the Ruger or the CZ75 with the 22 upper. That's also nice with a can.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    We were mainly running the remington gold. Some fed too, gotta run the rem through it first.

I want a sig mosquito though. I like the walther but think a sig will be good for me.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I purchased a P22 last year and just made it to the range last Wednesday. I put 300 rounds of Remington in the green box with only one fail to fire. I tried it in my S&W and had the same results. It shoots nice, but the grip is a little short for my big hands. I only had one mag with me and I got tired of loading before I ran out of ammo. I came home with 200 rounds.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Walther P22 is a better gun compared to a Mosquito IMHO.

I heard that the sig needa lots of lube, and is picky on ammo, but polishing the feedramp will fix it for the most part. Does that sound about right?

Ive shot a mosquito once, and like the way it felt, we didnt have much of a problem bc the owner was using minimags. I dont wanna have to buy cci for it.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Chad,

I respect your opinions greatly and so I'd like to ask if I could: what do you consider to be a better alternative to the Walther P22, in the same class of gun? Reason I ask is that I think I'm going to be in the market to buy a 22 handgun shortly & haven't yet started doing my market research. A few tips would get me going good.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom