• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Badfish55

Mar 8, 2013
    PAX RIVER
    So ive been looking for a Walther p99 or even a Walther PPQ for about a year now and i cant seem to find either one why is that was there a recall or somthing and also if anyone wants to sell me one or trade for one im open to that as well.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Hard to find. But there out there. You have to call around most shops should be able to order you one if not in stock. The gun shop in essex gets ppq's some times do not see p99's much myself.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    You really don't see many p99s in AS configurations. Especially in 9mm.

I might be in the minority but I prefer my p99as to the ppq.

I was reading somewhere the trigger on the ppq is just a p99as trigger with the da and decocking removed.
    That's why p99 users were talking about the trigger a long time before the ppq was even thought of.
    You just have to adjust to the manual of arms.

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    I just bought one

I just bought a PPQ today in Rockville at Engage Armament! I have been wanting it forever but hadn't planned on getting it for a while, but i stopped in there to see if they had ammo and they had the PPQ and I scooped it up in a heartbeat. :) You may want to check with them now and then, they seem to get them in now and then.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I just bought a PPQ today in Rockville at Engage Armament! I have been wanting it forever but hadn't planned on getting it for a while, but i stopped in there to see if they had ammo and they had the PPQ and I scooped it up in a heartbeat. :) You may want to check with them now and then, they seem to get them in now and then.

I almost bought that PPQ yesterday as Buddy was putting e price tag on t ...BUT I had gone in to pay the balance of my deposit on the August lowers and uppers when Andy put a GORGEOUS Engage rifle my hands.

No way I could do both a rifle and pistol on the same day, and while I'm happy (VERY) with the rifle, I'm going to miss that PPQ. Enjoy that pistol

---
    Shamr0ck

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I use to own a p99qa but I sold it to another member here a few months ago, I think the production of the p99 is very low to not being made since the PPQ and PPX came out. You can find some used p99 on GB, but Bnib won't be easy unless its a leftover.

It will be missed, but I moved on..

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    I almost bought that PPQ yesterday as Buddy was putting e price tag on t ...BUT I had gone in to pay the balance of my deposit on the August lowers and uppers when Andy put a GORGEOUS Engage rifle my hands.

No way I could do both a rifle and pistol on the same day, and while I'm happy (VERY) with the rifle, I'm going to miss that PPQ. Enjoy that pistol

---
    Shamr0ck

Oh I will most definitely enjoy it! Thank you for passing it up :) ...and for making me drop 640 bucks on the fly haha.

bartojb1

Dec 25, 2009
    PA
    I too, am in the market for a p99 or a non "m2" version of the ppq. Just plain hard to find, even before the madness. I have seen that the ppq m2 is starting to show up at LGS' (2a in Jessup, and constitutional, in maple lawn). I love the paddle release, so the ppq m2 isn't an option for me.

bartojb1

Dec 25, 2009
    PA
    I believe that the reason that any walther has been difficult to find is the transition from using smith and Wesson as their US distributor. I believe they stopped (for the most part) at the end of 2012. Walther has opened their US distribution HQ in Arkansas. (http://www.waltherarms.com/contact-us/)

Given that I am actually seeing product in stores, (wrong product in my case) from walther, I am hopeful, that the volume increases across the board soon.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I had a fun time taking mine to OT today. It's all apart on the table next to me now with some wipeout soaking in the barrel.
    glamor shot.jpg

Here's a thing I made from pictures inside a p99 and a ppq so u can see the differences. Basically they just got rid of the double-action sear on the ppq and limited forward trigger motion to the middle position in the p99AS so it wont go all the way out like on the AS.
    ppq vs p99 copy.jpg

here's a trigger demo on the AS I made a while back

It's an accurate sumbitch, but does have more muzzle flip than a glock or m&p since the bore axis is a little higher. The trigger is also odd in that it's similar to a 2-stage, with a moderate pretravel that probably makes up 70% of the pull weight(from the trigger return spring), and then a short and crisp break adding maybe a pound of extra weight when the sear gets its legs kicked out and drops down. It's easy to press straight through the first stage and pop off a round before you want to when staging the trigger. In all honesty, I prefer the triggers on my m&p's more with the apex kits installed, as they're more predictable and generally feel better...although they have a little more overtravel and the resulting reset that goes along with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom