• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Actually, my weight loss program has been thoroughly vetted and is well-known in the medical field to be safe, effective, and results in rapid and continuing fat/weight loss as long as you don't cheat on the diet. The diet is called "Ideal Protein."

As I said above, the program is through my physician and he swears by it (he has over 50 people on it). Most people have been able to reduce or eliminate their medications (under his close observation). You get weighed in weekly. My weekly weigh-in was today - lost 4.4 pounds since last Thursday (total of 10.4 pounds in exactly two weeks).

Each week, your lean mass, fat mass, body composition, and hydration are accurately measured. In exactly two weeks, my percentage of fat has gone down by 1.52%, my weight by 10.4 pounds, my lean mass by 2.8 pounds, and my fat mass by 7.4 pounds.

I have no financial interest in the diet but I'm sure my doctor is making money from the protein items that I buy from him, which average $4 per item and you use three per day(I don't care how much he makes - it's working for me and I feel great!).

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Actually, my weight loss program has been thoroughly vetted and is well-known in the medical field to be safe, effective, and results in rapid and continuing fat/weight loss as long as you don't cheat on the diet. The diet is called "Ideal Protein."

As I said above, the program is through my physician and he swears by it (he has over 50 people on it). Most people have been able to reduce or eliminate their medications (under his close observation). You get weighed in weekly. My weekly weigh-in was today - lost 4.4 pounds since last Thursday (total of 10.4 pounds in exactly two weeks).

Each week, your lean mass, fat mass, body composition, and hydration are accurately measured. In exactly two weeks, my percentage of fat has gone down by 1.52%, my weight by 10.4 pounds, my lean mass by 2.8 pounds, and my fat mass by 7.4 pounds.

I have no financial interest in the diet but I'm sure my doctor is making money from the protein items that I buy from him, which average $4 per item and you use three per day(I don't care how much he makes - it's working for me and I feel great!).

Did your Dr do blood work before you started? If not, I would ask about it since you are getting monitored weekly, might as well add it in (not weekly blood work just at certain milestones). I always find it interesting to see blood work before and after comparisons.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've seen the ideal protein diet. I do not see anything wrong with it. Congrats on the weight loss. :thumbsup:

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    We had a goal at work between a few of us, run 40 miles in July and 52.5 in August. Well I hit my goal plus some but only lost 5 lbs in 2 months. Just amazes me how much diet plays a role vs excercise.

I really started focusing on my diet and lost 3 lbs in a week, as opposed to 100+ miles in 2 months :wtf:

Everyone is different, but I was in the same boat. Hitting the gym hard, 45-60 minutes for 5-6 days a week with neglible weight loss. I felt better, had more energy and didn't get tired out/thirsty as quickly as I did before, but wasn't seeing any weight loss.

I changed my diet (mostly reducing my soda intake, as I drank it often and heavily, have now replaced it with water, except for a Coke in the morning to start my day.) and the weight really started coming off, even after I stopped going to the gym for a while. Now I'm going back to gym and maintaining a better diet. I haven't lost much weight lately, but I haven't gained any either. I chalk it up to having a very busy September and not being able to get to the gym as often as I would have liked to.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    They say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. I never tried to lose weight before, so I only cared about working out.

Now that I am actively trying to shed pounds, I have learned that diet is indeed the major driver for losing. It is weird paying attention to what I eat all the time though.

Gundahar

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    243.5 today -- exactly 26.5 lbs in exactly 4 weeks. 235 was my goal when I started but my doc says 225 would be better. It is not extremely easy (what is) but it is not hard at all when you see so much weight drop so quickly (effective positive reinforcement). Lost 3.75 inches from my waist and a full pants size (tight 42 to very comfortable 40). If you are reading this, JUST START YOUR HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM NOW!!:)

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    I have been taking the weight off steadily, am about 25 pounds lighter than last spring. I would highly advise buying a bodymedia fit which will accurately measure your calories burned each day and let you enter just what you ate, so you can see whether you are running a calorie deficit or surplus. The bottom line is that the weight didn't go on overnight, and it's not going to come off overnight, patience will be required.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I've lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Been walking and eating less (not better). If I ate better I'm sure I'd be even better off. Another big thing is to STAY HYDRATED! In order for your body to metabolize the fats you've stored it needs water.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I was amazed at how many calories I drank each day. Solely cutting out the calories in beverages can make a huge difference.

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I have cut out all soda’s and have stopped eating carelessly and I have lost allot of weight, and now I’m exercising at least 3 times a day. I use a meal replacement drink shakeology.

Attachments

• Shakeology_Choco_Green.jpg
      Shakeology_Choco_Green.jpg
      52.3 KB · Views: 109

JV11B

Sep 8, 2012
    AA County, MD
    I am currently hovering at 215 and looking to get back to my military fitness level and weight of 170. I start at CrossfitBWI on the 16th and am hoping it won't kill me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I am currently hovering at 215 and looking to get back to my military fitness level and weight of 170. I start at CrossfitBWI on the 16th and am hoping it won't kill me.

I looked up the website that looks awesome. A little fare for me. I’ll just continue with the P90X

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville

You will love it. Don't be to proud to scale down the workouts, or else you will get burnt out quick. They prescribed weights are hard enough for the guys that have been doing it forever.

TwinTurboDiesel

Hellbilly Punk
    May 21, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    I dont want to make anyone feel bad or show off..... but this is my change. In 1 year. Keep at it fellas :)

excuse the room its my little sisters.....

Excuse the no shirt too.

9udabasu.jpg

TwinTurboDiesel

Hellbilly Punk
    May 21, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    How did you lose all of that weight?

No fried foods, a lot of fruit and vegetables, no sugar, cut back to one can of soda a day (coke zero) and nothing to eat after 6pm. Oh and went from white to 12 grain bread

Also tried to eat when I had something planned to do afterwards.

I still consume junk food, beer, meat, and the like.

Never went to the gym or worked out. The most I did was jog a mile or so after work but that only lasted a month until I got tired of it lol.

Nate-X

Jul 20, 2010
    Hollywood, Maryland
    I've changed my snacking habits and while I do drink a lot of water I have to have a soda every now and then. I can't stand diet side aftertaste but found that diet a&w rootbeer is pretty good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom