WaPo: O'Malley, Miller, Dumais 'evolution' on anti-gun law. Sickening ignorance.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    “Shame on you,” Del. Michael D. Smigiel Sr. (R-Cecil) told the Democrats.

Busch called for the vote, and soon it was over: 78 to 61.

“Well done,” the governor told Dumais in her office, where bottles of wine were waiting. “Not an easy thing.”

After O’Malley departed, Dumais sat at her desk, exhausted. In the future, she wondered, would there be more to do?

Perhaps there were other guns that needed to be included in the assault-weapons ban and others that should have fingerprinting requirements.

“Who knows?” the delegate said. “Maybe that will be next year’s bill.”

Well that pretty much sums up the goal. They will be back for the rest of the firearms next year.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    But the weapon that Adam Lanza had fired in Newtown — the semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle? Legal in Maryland.

Baseball bats are legal too, are those next?

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    "those lever action guns can hold a lot of bullets and have a rapid rate of fire"

"someone can conceal a lot of small revolvers on their person and show up at a school with enormous fire power"

"some of those single shot pistols fire rifle ammunition that can go through bullet proof vests"

"we have to do it for the children"

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    They only got today till they adjourn (midnight tonight).

If you are pissed off, then run against your dem(s) in the Primary! You have till June 23rd to switch parties to run against them in a 2014 election.

The sad part is that this reminds much of what I experienced when stationed in Washington State. There, Progressives control the legislature. Seattle (King County) is their bastion for Progressivism. The rest of Washington State is more rural and Conservative. Much like MoCo, PG, and Baltimore control the politics here in MD, it was the same in Washington State with Seattle.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The sad part is that this reminds much of what I experienced when stationed in Washington State. There, Progressives control the legislature. Seattle (King County) is their bastion for Progressivism. The rest of Washington State is more rural and Conservative. Much like MoCo, PG, and Baltimore control the politics here in MD, it was the same in Washington State with Seattle.

PG county is part of the problem, run against the incumbant D(irtbag)s.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I didn't know alcohol in public buildings or drinking on the job was ok, especially for elected officials :innocent0

I would like to know if anyone employed by the state or local government would like to attempt what Damais and O'Malley did by bringing alcohol to work and consuming it on their break. Looks like a precedent has been set.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Definitely shows intent and makes a great piece for any future court cases.

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    PG county is part of the problem, run against the incumbant D(irtbag)s.

Thankfully, I will be here about one more year. Then my family and I will be leaving to warmer climates. In the meantime I will participate to support all organizations and politicians who are against the Progressive agenda being forced upon many of us.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    So they were going to exclude the AR but Omalley walk up to Vallario and say not to? What a bitch

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    So they were going to exclude the AR but Omalley walk up to Vallario and say not to? What a bitch

I imagine it was a little more than him just asking nicely. Something like, "do you want to remain committee chairman? Alternatively I could just abuse the rules and bring it to the floor." They didn't need Vallario for that.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Her last sentence sums it up... it will never be over until they have completely destroyed the second amendment and disposed of all firearms. Today its "assault rifles", tomorrow shotguns, followed by "high powered sniper" rifles, finally impossible to afford licensing restrictions for handguns...

quantum

Apr 5, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Her last sentence sums it up... it will never be over until they have completely destroyed the second amendment and disposed of all firearms. Today its "assault rifles", tomorrow shotguns, followed by "high powered sniper" rifles, finally impossible to afford licensing restrictions for handguns...

Actually I think the end game for them is more like what Great Britain has. You can purchase "hunting arms" and handguns which are delivered to your gun club. There you can get them out of secure storage to practice or target shoot. During hunting season you can apply for the license to remove your hunting arms (not hand guns) from the club to hunt. If you live in the country side I think there is a provision for breach loaded shotguns, (I may be wrong on some of these, I can't remember it's been a while since I read the laws for guns over there if someone else is more versed please correct me). Regardless, I think that is their end game; removal from peoples homes and relegated to licensed facilities. That will sound much more reasonable to the folks that seems to be so scared of firearms and don't want to see them; but don't want to stop hunting or "reasonable" activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom