• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    So I had a mishap with my newest knife. While closing it one handed my middle finger wasn't completely clear and just like a guillotine...click, the tip of my finger just above the nail was gone and the blood was flowing. Rookie mistake..

Found the tip
    amxtw2.jpg

Comes off tomorrow
    do3z45.jpg

Lesson learned, be careful!!

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    best way to learn a lesson is to make the class painful. been there done that, hope heals quickly

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    so, to look on the bright side, at least now you have the clearance you thought you had and it probably won't happen again!!! :D

Good luck and heal quick!

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Mine was a Spyderco Police Model, serrated - to the top of the index finger, just under the knuckle. The blood floweth quickly. You learn to respect blades.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    stabbed myself in the hand with a screwdriver while working on my shotgun around midnight, one time.

everyone one at the hospital had to stop by and question me about my stabbing while holding a weapon around midnight. Was I by myself, was there an argument, was I drinking, was there a fight etc. etc. etc.

:lol::lol2:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I was cutting pipe insulation several years back and was smartly cutting away from myself. you know, to avoid hurting myself. Like a dummy, I had my left middle finger in the path of the blade. Opened up a wonderful gash on that particular fingerprint. :sad20:

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    I did the same thing when I was 10. Diference was my father had the bright idea of stopping the bleeding with a styptic pen....never again. Heal fast.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Only a matter of time before mfr's are required to etch warnings onto every blade.

NeverSurrender

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    Apr 3, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I don't think that I ever cut myself with a knife, then a few years ago I opened my newly sharpened folder and proceeded to take a hack at a plastic strap on a box. the knife skated across the strap and nearly took off a finger on my other hand.

As with most accidents a single moment of carelessness is costly. Thanks for the reminder, easy to forget how much damage a knife can do in a hurry! :shocked4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom