• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011
    dillon stuff sure is pretty, I don't think I'll ever have that kind of money to invest however...

fisunshine

Feb 17, 2010
    i just got a 550b and i like the fact that is doesn't auto index. really is it that much more to push the shell plate around one click. I like it b/c i can add in checks to my reloading process. not that you can't do with one that auto index's but if the machine has already progressed and you want to check something, then you have to back it up and you are right back to turning the shell plate by hand

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    I have the 550B. Excellent machine and customer support is top-notch. They didn't make the 650 when I bought the 550 or I probably would have gone with that.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    The Hornady L'n'L is your answer. Its every bit the quality of Dillon & designed much better too compared to the 550 & 650. The design has evolved some over the years. These days the LnL is a very well sorted press. I've put thousands of rounds through mine- pistol & rifle, and always trouble free. The priming system is the very best in existance imo.

Auto-index helps prevent double charges by forgetting to manually rotate the shell plate. Its a very nice feature to have for safety's sake alone.

The LnL's case retention spring-band is much easier to work with then the pin system Dillon uses too.

I could go on but you get the idea. Compare the LnL to any of the Dillon (or dare I say, Lee) products & the choice becomes clear.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I bought the LnL, I love the design and the components. Yet to really start cranking out rounds, but may be today... :)

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I bought the LnL, I love the design and the components. Yet to really start cranking out rounds, but may be today... :)

I really enjoy loading my own, alot of satisfaction comes with shooting different loads and save some $$ doing it. Enjoy!!!:thumbsup:

fisunshine

Feb 17, 2010
    I went with the 550 first b/c it looked a hell of a lot easier to understand in the pictures.
    the 650 looked like a frankinmachine with all the extra bells and crap you can add on to it. The second was a little on the money issue. used a reloading calculator and new i needed like 5 k to make it worth it and that was easily reached when i got the machine.
    If you read my original post i talked about not likeing the auto index b/c i can add in self checks to the process, i am not really meticulous but i do care enough to pay attention so i don't blow up a round in my face. I reload shotgun shells as well and don't auto index so i said what the hell do i need that for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom