• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Lawyers are struggling to define "Home Invasion". Hmmmm. They'll be the death of us all.

Again, a restriction on any right should be fought tooth & nail. Today, I'm scheduling an appointment with my Democrat Delegate to discuss gun rights issues.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    We all know there are many anti's out there always trying to take our guns in the same way. The one thing that gives me hope that this will not happen here is due to the direction the US. In 1986 there was only one shall issue state where you could carry. Fast forward to today there are 43 states that have shall issue. Today history is in the process of being made with a state like Maryland getting closer to shall issue. So the US in general is becoming more pro gun every day.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Remember: we didn't start shooting at the British when they taxed us, we shot at them when they tried to take our guns.

Ice-T gets it right, its not about anyone's safety, it's about protecting the people from their own government:

And I love Moore's response, first thing is to argue individual safety which isn't the point of the 2nd amendment anyway. Also, Moore is right where this is a Constitutional issue. The Constitution wasn't written by God but people and we can change it any time we want. Just get 2/3 of the States to ratify it and we'll do away with 2nd ammendment.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    If that's the video I saw several weeks ago, it was sort of misleading. Near the end, they finally tell you it was a long-gun ban, or something like that. Not to say I'm not bothered by the idea, but I felt the video was a little sensationalized.

They are probably talking about the semi auto ban of 1996.

I lives in Australia from 1995-2001. I got one of those letters from the police telling me to turn in my semi auto .22lr rifles.

But the ban did not just ban semi autos and pump action shotguns, it also made it harder to get a shooters license and to buy new firearms.

Since the ban of 1996 Australia has passed more gun restrictions. Specifically on handguns.

The video is not misleading, when the gun ban was passed there was great promises among the politicians that it would lower crime and prevent deaths. The opposite has happened.

e40bib

Feb 13, 2011
    Violent crime is on the rise in Europe, in contrast it is falling in the US.
    http://www2.dse.unibo.it/zanella/papers/crime-EP.pdf

violent_crime_europe.jpg

Note to Figure 3. The jump in the UK violent crime rate after 1997 reflects a discontinuity in definitions and
    recording practices. The Home Office (2008) notices that “the number of violence against the person offences
    recorded by the police increased by 118 per cent as a result of the 1998 changes [...]. Much of this increase resulted
    from a widening of the offence coverage to include assaults with little or no physical injury, and offences of
    harassment (again with no injury)” (p. 60). In the inferential part of the paper this will be controlled for by year
    fixed effects. The dynamics after the discontinuity, though is genuine.

But they like to tell you the drop in crime is dur to tougher gun control!

beafly.cakes

Well, if that's not a blueprint on how it goes down?

Curious, why in our country is the anti's focus on handguns, when rifles and shotguns are so much more lethal? Sure looks like that's what the Aussie anti's went after first.

Also, if that was a 15 year old video, what do the Aussie's rights look like today? Better or worse?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Well, if that's not a blueprint on how it goes down?

Curious, why in our country is the anti's focus on handguns, when rifles and shotguns are so much more lethal? Sure looks like that's what the Aussie anti's went after first.

Also, if that was a 15 year old video, what do the Aussie's rights look like today? Better or worse?

I think they pick on the hand guns because hand guns to them seem more sinister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom