• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I'd leave the bar. A guy who is carrying and seemingly drinking to excess is not someone I'd approach and tell him what he's doing wrong nor would I want to be around when he visits the John and discharges a round back into the bar.

OTOH, I might consider a descret 911 call. A$$ like that deserves to get jammed up - for the sake of the rest of us who worked so hard for this day of more universal W&C.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'd leave the bar. A guy who is carrying and seemingly drinking to excess is not someone I'd approach and tell him what he's doing wrong nor would I want to be around when he visits the John and discharges a round back into the bar.

OTOH, I might consider a descret 911 call. A$$ like that deserves to get jammed up - for the sake of the rest of us who worked so hard for this day of more universal W&C.
    Then there's the other thing... if I was in that restaurant with my wife and kids, I'd feel way better if blaster was in there too.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I have a buddy that doesn’t know how to drink without getting plastered. He has ruined many outings and get togethers. The other day I had my gun in me and I had a summer shanty, so no way I was even anywhere near under the influence. Dude is drunk and tells me it’s against the law to have a gun on you while consuming alcohol….. I knew the worst thing I could do is to tell him the truth and what the law really says.

Same buddy who I have gotten into argument’s with regarding gun laws and carry laws. He wouldn’t join MDS when I tried to share all the treads correcting his myths, so his loss.
    That there is called alcoholism for your buddy. Your buddy needs help.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Folks do realize that not everybody with a newly issued MD CCP is a ”Good Guy“ or Conservative MDS member?

There are several Lefty, AntiFa types that are taking advantage of the same sea change in the law too.
    I think its also important to remember that not all "Good Guy Conservative MDS Member" types, exhibit common sense either.

Plenty of good guys who are on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to self-control, temperance, moderation, reasonability etc

We're a diverse group, no expectation that being a member of this group means we share ideals other than perhaps a common love of the freedom protected by the Constitution.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD

I'm willing to bet money that, assuming you actually go where drinking occurs, you've probably been in the presence of more than a couple armed drinkers in your life, you just weren't aware of it.

Also, if the standard for W&C is that EVERYONE ALWAYS must be perfect or NO ONE gets to exercise their rights, well, we're already sunk because there will always be someone pushing their limits. Always. Actually, I think this is the argument being made by the antis, that even if 99% are perfectly responsible, we can't risk the 1%.

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    I'm willing to bet money that, assuming you actually go where drinking occurs, you've probably been in the presence of more than a couple armed drinkers in your life, you just weren't aware of it.

Also, if the standard for W&C is that EVERYONE ALWAYS must be perfect or NO ONE gets to exercise their rights, well, we're already sunk because there will always be someone pushing their limits. Always. Actually, I think this is the argument being made by the antis, that even if 99% are perfectly responsible, we can't risk the 1%.
    This unfortunately...since getting my cc I've definitely weighed out my normal day to day. I love drinking beer but I'm not risking what freedom I've been graced with. Never drank in excess before having to drive before. Now I wouldn't even think of carrying going out for one drink. This is the stuff I worried about since Bruen that will screw things up for us all sadly..

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Any report from Blaster? Since he went dark, I'm curious what might have transpired. I sure hope we get a detailed juicy story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom