• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Hit the MARC station in Brunswick and take it all the way to Union Station, then take the Metro wherever you need to go.

That seems to be exactly what I will be doing. Too few trains out of Duffield and Harpers Ferry.

The head shop was surprising but welcome. Although I do not partake of illicit substances, I tend to enjoy the variety of folks who people a place like that.

Plus, it has a members back room where I can bring my Scotch and smoke a cigar. It is a pretty badass little place.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Congratulations and welcome to the free world!
    Born and raised there in the great State of WV, left do to military service and ended up here in Maryland. Have a hundred acres and a home in WV and sold my home in Maryland this past summer. Now living with the inlaws during the transition (The existing house is over 200 years old with an outhouse for a toilet and the wife wants a contemporary home with indoor plumbing, so we gotta build now.)
    Anyway, take a deep breath of fresh mountain air and relax, you are now out from behind enemy lines.

Justin B.C.

Dec 25, 2012
    There is such a difference in attitude here compared to MD/DC. It is a lot of little things that make me feel pretty good about the decision to move here.

bmiller21502

Sep 28, 2013
    What are these bunch of little things, of which you speak? I have a lot of friends who have jumped the Potomac here in WMD. We are ourselves havent yet and I just can't bring myself to.....yet.

Justin B.C.

Dec 25, 2012
    What are these bunch of little things, of which you speak? I have a lot of friends who have jumped the Potomac here in WMD. We are ourselves havent yet and I just can't bring myself to.....yet.

Mostly things like attitudes of the folks around here, the fact that a store 10 miles down the road here takes less time to get to than a store 1.5 miles from the place in Md, and that Walmart carries Colt ARs and has ammo, as well as seeing folks OC
    and nobody bats an eye.

Lucky you!!!:thumbsup:

How long will your day be..... assuming you have a 8 or 9 hour work day?

I lucked out with my job. I worked 2 days from home, 2 days in DC and one in Frederick before the move. Now I work 2 days in Fred and just one in DC, so the only really long day is that one (about 11.5 hours). Otherwise 9 hour days plus Fred commute which is about 30 minutes.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I don't think I will ever get my wife to move when she wants to be close to our 12 grandkids so I gues I'll just have to wish all the escapees luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom