• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saginaw

Jan 13, 2013
    Fort Meade, Odenton
    The Reason for the Bill of Rights is so the majority can not take away the Rights of the minority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the thread regarding Voteing for the AWB. People we are fighting for our rights under the Bill of Rights in the Constitution of our Country its not up for a debate in my opinon let alone a vote it states

There are several versions of the text of the Second Amendment, each with slight capitalization and punctuation differences, found in the official documents surrounding the adoption of the Bill of Rights.[10] One version was passed by the Congress,[11] while another is found in the copies distributed to the States[12] and then ratified by them.

As passed by the Congress:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[13]

The original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights, approved by the House and Senate, was prepared by scribe William Lambert and resides in the National Archives.

The Second Amendment is the only amendment to the Constitution which states a purpose.[14]

Do we all agree SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    you are preaching to the choir here. I suspect well over 95% completely agree.

the problem is track record of infringement; bad law. Sad though it is, it is the S/state we are in.

now, on with the fight! :D

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Notice they use the word "State". That does not mean Federal Gov, whom they were loath to trust, they saw how 'absolute power corrupts absolutely' (george III).
    This amendment has nothing to do with a Federal standing army.
    I just wish they would have written it "The rights of the people in communist Maryland include CCW." Or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom