• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena

6-3, along expected lines, with interesting concurring opinions by Alito, Kavanaugh, and Barrett.

NY (and hopefully, MD, NJ, IL, CA, etc., in turn) can take their "may-issue" language and go to hell.

Big Grin

-Rob

(Edited - because I don't know how numbers work. LOL)

Last edited:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Incredible!!! I guess there will be guidance on training requirements, etc to get a Maryland permit soon?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Non water cooler thread is here:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    OMG, it looks like SCOTUS got rid of the second test. Am I right that strict and intermediate scrutiny are no longer allowed? Might be time for a celebration. Still a lot more of it to read though.
    Yes. “One test too many”. Lol.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Amen, welcome to the ability to protect your life in your home and out of your home. Make sure to heed all “no weapons” signs and make
    sure your CCW identifies as a firearm.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Sad... NY Gov Hokum saying, "They have removed our right to reasonable restrictions"??!

Idiot.
    Guns are bad, she needs to make her security detail is unarmed, let them talk down any potential attackers. Her life isn’t worth more than anyone else’s. ****!

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    Guns are bad, she needs to make her security detail is unarmed, let them talk down any potential attackers. Her life isn’t worth more than anyone else’s. ****!
    Great news!

But the pessimist in me thinks the powers that be in MD. are scrutinizing the ruling to find ways to make getting a CCW in Maryland as cumbersome and difficult as possible.

I hope I'm wrong.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Great news!

But the pessimist in me thinks the powers that be in MD. are scrutinizing the ruling to find ways to make getting a CCW in Maryland as cumbersome and difficult as possible.

I hope I'm wrong.
    No, I'll bet the 401k that the a$$holes lording over us in Maryland will do exactly that. It will be amusing though to watch the temper tantrums...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Apply now before the General Assembly can add hurdles next session. That's my thinking, anyway.

-Rob
    The implications of this being deemed an individual Right goes far beyond G&S. They will get smacked down for putting restraints on the exercise of a right.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If history is a guide??

We'll still get the post-Woollard heel-dragging. The next MGA session will be painful...

unless, of course, MDers get off their asses and start electing OTL (Other than Leftists) to the State House.
    They will have to issue permits. NY was made to understand not issuing them is not an option.

If I don’t get mine, I sue. Including the head of the licensing division who will lose qualified immunity for denying me an enumerated right.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If you have an HQL you shouldn’t need training classes to get a permit. How are they going to tell you that they gave you a license to buy a handgun but they don’t trust you to carry it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom