• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SuperSoap

Member of the Great 28
    Apr 5, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Now that many of us are allowed to carry; I’m interested in seeing what everyone’s running as far as EDC (gun, holster, belt, knives, med, etc) I haven’t been approved yet, but I think it would be beneficial to see what works for other people. Highly interested to see what guns people are carrying or are planning to carry and why.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    When exercising my freedoms previously in states honoring VA and UT... I typically ran my S&W M&P 9 (Gen 1). I primarily use the aliengear shapeshift at about 430 position. As a bigger guy (6'1" 228 lbs) Its comfortable there, even driving (though a car draw.would be a little harder) and regular t shirts (2XL. really) covers well. I hate layering in warm weather cause well, us fat guys dont like heat.

I have a small tactical handlight, either a s&w or gerber minimalist folding knife, if pockets allow a CAT 7 TQ.in a pocket, if not Inhave one in the car. I also.(depending on pants 5.11 vs jeans etc) keep my spare mag(s) in the pockets OR the Pitbull Tactical Magazine holders (works either iwb or owb and is mostly universal... holds my 1911 single stack, 9mm double stack and .45 double stack)

I.also.have my wallet, phone, pen and cah kehys

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Dupe

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I've run a couple of different setups as I've carried out-of-state regularly. My preferred setup is a IWB P365 or 356XL and at least two spare magazines. This is my "deep concealment" primary as I've carried in Florida and it has to be invisible. With a proper T-shirt you can't tell I'm carrying unless you know exactly where to look and what to look for.

I've carried other guns IWB and full-frame pistols OWB. If I don't care about printing I'll hang my P220 .45ACP on my hip with several reloads. I carried that gun for 10 years and have plenty of muscle memory tuned to it. It is what I often carry openly when outdoors hiking or in backwoods areas.

Matt

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I still am waiting on my permit, but this is what I currently have for when I am able to carry. While picking out a firearm was easy, I'm still trying to figure out what I'll use to actually it though.

HK P30SK - I'm really liking this, for me it is easy to shoot accurately and quickly. It function very similarly to full size USPs which I have shot for years.

Crossbreed Liberty Band - This was advertised as a belt for when you aren't wearing a belt, and I typically wear athletic type clothes so I figured I'd try it.

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB - This looked like a comfortable holster, but but so far I'm not sure if I will end up using this. When used with the Crossbreed belt, it is too difficult to draw as the belt seems to squeeze on it too much.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm not as committed as I used to be.
    Carrying Walther PPS 9MM and even an LCP sometimes. Mostly IWB. Sometimes a spare mag. First aid/tourniquet in car and truck.
    Small Gerber knife and sometimes a small Coast flashlight.
    I've gotten lazy and I want comfort and less is more.

SuperSoap

Member of the Great 28
    Apr 5, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Dupe

Thanks for sharing. I looked for a thread, but only found a few from back in 2021. My mistake

SuperSoap

Member of the Great 28
    Apr 5, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    As of right now I’m still waiting on my approval, but I have a Glock 43x and a tier 1 sidecar style holster. It should be fine, but I’m interested in something with more capacity to avoid carrying a spare mag. I’m a pretty skinny guy so I’m not sure how big of a gun I can get away with and still easily conceal. The 43x is a great size for me I just wish it had a higher capacity. The shield mags look good, but I’ve seen too many negative reviews to trust them.

Larry999

Jul 27, 2022
    Baltimore County
    Glock 19/26 in a bravo concealment iwb at 330 .spare mag . same benchmade griptilian next to a flash light in right pocket . don’t tread on me silver round in pocket . Tourniquet in left cargo pocket . And of course my Costa blackfins to boot the edc .

SuperSoap

Member of the Great 28
    Apr 5, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Glock 19/26 in a bravo concealment iwb at 330 .spare mag . same benchmade griptilian next to a flash light in right pocket . don’t tread on me silver round in pocket . Tourniquet in left cargo pocket . And of course my Costa blackfins to boot the edc .
    Ahh a fellow benchmader. Functional and beautiful

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    As of right now I’m still waiting on my approval, but I have a Glock 43x and a tier 1 sidecar style holster. It should be fine, but I’m interested in something with more capacity to avoid carrying a spare mag. I’m a pretty skinny guy so I’m not sure how big of a gun I can get away with and still easily conceal. The 43x is a great size for me I just wish it had a higher capacity. The shield mags look good, but I’ve seen too many negative reviews to trust them.
    They either work perfectly, or they don't. My shield arms mags are perfect. Don't limp wrist, and don't use the slide stop as a slide release. Give them a try in your gun and decide for yourself.

SuperSoap

Member of the Great 28
    Apr 5, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    They either work perfectly, or they don't. My shield arms mags are perfect. Don't limp wrist, and don't use the slide stop as a slide release. Give them a try in your gun and decide for yourself.
    I’ve also heard that. I may give them a try in the future and see for myself. The closest VA shop that Carries them has been sold out for a few months though.

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    The gen 2 Shield mags seem to be a lot better. I was with you on not trusting them. I bought two at a Chantilly show and I've been testing them for the past 3 months. I've had zero malfunctions. I've run 115gr FMJ's 124gr JHP and even 147gr JHP trying to get a misfeed or any fail. At this point I'm confident loading that mag and it saving my life if needed.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I always use the slide stop as a slide release (when I did) on every pistol I ever fired and carried. Even on my 43X with Shield mags.
    Please don't say don't use the slide stop, because it's not always the case. Having to use 1 hand comes to mind.

SuperSoap

Member of the Great 28
    Apr 5, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    The gen 2 Shield mags seem to be a lot better. I was with you on not trusting them. I bought two at a Chantilly show and I've been testing them for the past 3 months. I've had zero malfunctions. I've run 115gr FMJ's 124gr JHP and even 147gr JHP trying to get a misfeed or any fail. At this point I'm confident loading that mag and it saving my life if needed.
    I’ll definitely have to try them for myself. If they are reliable that’s a game changer for the 43x And 48.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I always use the slide stop as a slide release (when I did) on every pistol I ever fired and carried. Even on my 43X with Shield mags.
    Please don't say don't use the slide stop, because it's not always the case. Having to use 1 hand comes to mind.
    It's an issue specific to the shield arms mags in some 43x/48 glocks. A failure to feed when using the slide stop as a release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom