• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    A balmy 9 degrees in Redgate this morning. AG is enjoying the 100+ degree weather in Australia. Clearly global warming is selective in where it makes its appearances.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Accuweather showed -1F for Sykesville earlier this a.m., but I didn't go outside to verify that.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    4 degrees?
    What the hell!

If I EVER see Al Gore, I'm going to hang a size 12 so far up.......

Yeah, don't do it if you want to keep a job in a science-related field.

Remember when we used to have something we liked to call "the scientific method" where postulates were open for debate and peer review? Not any more on global warming, whoops climate change.

They've now shut down an entire scientific journal because one author in one paper in one sentence dared to introduce a thought that might contradict the global warming orthodoxy. In particular they've shut down the technical journal "Pattern Recognition in Physics". The web content might soon be gone, but for now you can read about it here from the original source: http://tallbloke.wordpress.com/2014...rn-recognition-in-physics-axed-by-copernicus/ and in case that disappears a blog post reporting on it is located here: http://joannenova.com.au/2014/01/science-paper-doubts-ipcc-so-whole-journal-gets-terminated/

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    What is all the belly acheing about??? move to somewhere with more frigid temps and/or snow for a while here let me suggest a few...

1. Erie, PA
    2. Cheboygan, MI
    3. Minneapolis, MN
    4. Jamestown, ND
    5. Kalispell, MT
    6. Fairbanks, AK

Atleast then you would be in free America! and appreciate the balmy weather outside!!!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The lowest I saw last night was -4 near Little Orleans. It is 6 right now in Cumberland. Since the wind has stopped, it does not feel that bad.

lefever2

Status Unknown
    Jun 19, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Never forget that there is a difference between weather and climate. Watch out for invading armadillos due to climate change. No, seriously, change does not happen in a straight line. I expect more chaotic conditions across the globe. We are probably in one of the better areas but don't make any long term investments in property in coastal Florida.

For change, take a look at China, particularly Beijing and the area to the north. The area to the north used to be prime agricultural land but is now desert and blowing away. Sand dunes are advancing on Beijing and the dust storms are terrible, not to mention the pollution. It is but one area being devastated by poor planning. It all adds up. Draw you own conclusions.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    I have owned beach property- best investment I ever made!!! I have also seen beachfront property washed away- just gone, forever. These are all part of nature, not something caused by me driving the vehicle of my choice, or reading by the light of a bulb that doesn't give me a headache. IMO, to think that man can cause irreparable harm to this amazing planet that we live on by utilizing the resources provided by it is to not believe in God. Or whatever higher authority you may believe in. The planet has been here for millions of years going through convulsions of hot, cold, you name it. We can stop using oil, coal, and everything else- just go back to the stone ages and whatever changes are happening now are going to continue to happen. No one can stop it! I recently had to have a new well drilled and during the process, at around 300 feet depth, the drilling was bringing up seashell material...I live miles from any rivers- HMMM
    That helped bring it into perspective for me.
    Of course, this is all just IMHO- I'm not a scientist paid by government grant$$ designed to bring a political conclusion.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    2F degrees this morning

Bouncing between 4 and 5 here.
    Just came in to warm up and grab another cup of coffee, before carrying a few more buckets of water to the barn.

I NEVER complain in July and August so feel I can whine all I want when it drops below freezing!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Bouncing between 4 and 5 here.
    Just came in to warm up and grab another cup of coffee, before carrying a few more buckets of water to the barn.

I NEVER complain in July and August so feel I can whine all I want when it drops below freezing!

Indian bridge was -5F

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom