• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Yeah, I'll just let the picture speak. I finally found a Zip 22 for a price I didn't hate. A turd among oddballs...but here it is.

Attachments

• Zip 22.jpg
      Zip 22.jpg
      96.6 KB · Views: 610

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I had one of those one time. I accidentally left one on the seat of my car one night when I went into the club, and when I came out, the window of my car was busted out, and someone left a second there next to mine. :lol2:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You know what? If I found one on consigment or used for a hundo, I'd buy it. It's an interesting engineering piece, if nothing more, and you could probably 3D print some interesting stuff for it.

Agreed that a heavier bolt (esp if you could fill it with some tungsten pellets) could probably make it more reliable.

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    I bought one when they were first released simply because of the interesting engineering. However, no amount of polishing will make this any less of a turd. I still have it in the back of the safe just because. But it is arguably the worst firearm ever manufactured.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I bought one when they were first released simply because of the interesting engineering. However, no amount of polishing will make this any less of a turd. I still have it in the back of the safe just because. But it is arguably the worst firearm ever manufactured.
    I read an article last night that talked about how USFA, a maker of pretty solid replica firearms, was banking on this pistol so much that they sold their tooling for their replica firearms so they could tool up for these. The idea was that once this gun took off, they'd take the profits and re-purchase tooling for the replica guns, only it didn't pan out that way - the Zip flopped in such a colossal way that it put them out of business entirely.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I always save boxes for stuff...well, unless it's a run of the mill common as common gun or a generic cardboard box with a sticker (I'll peel the sticker and put that with the gun if so haha). Stuff this like the box is a must keep.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    Ian from Forgotten Weapons did a video on this a few years ago. As mentioned in post #9, it killed the company. The design makes it easy to shoot yourself in the hand. No thanks.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Ian from Forgotten Weapons did a video on this a few years ago. As mentioned in post #9, it killed the company. The design makes it easy to shoot yourself in the hand. No thanks.

It's largely played up in speculation, as there is not a single documented case of one doing so. Unless someone is an absolute total moron, they aren't going to shoot themselves...and if they do, they clearly aren't practicing trigger control of any kind, and shouldn't be handling ANY gun, much less this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom