• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    That line in the link about getting a free SBR sounds like a rope-a-dope trick to me. Get a free SBR.... so that now we know who you are and we can TAKE IT LATER.

Yup, Biden already said he wants all semi auto "assault weapons" and magazines to be added to NFA (so they can take them later).

Link

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    All of this focus on shooting one handed. Soooo are they also saying shooting any pistol (glock, 1911...) With 2 hands is not allowed?!? I know they aren't but that could be a point to argue.

This.

Unless you are Dirty Harry, well are you punk?

Almost every pistol is shot with two hands. Where the F’ are they getting pistols are made to be shot with one hand?

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    Why is this even happening under a supposedly gun friendly administration? The least you could hope for is that they wouldn't get to start this kind of thing until noon on January 20.

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    This.

Unless you are Dirty Harry, well are you punk?

Almost every pistol is shot with two hands. Where the F’ are they getting pistols are made to be shot with one hand?

Unfortunately, that will only give them ideas. Turn all handguns into SBRs by fiat. It would fit in with the claim that the Second Amendment doesn't apply to modern weapons,

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Why is this even happening under a supposedly gun friendly administration? The least you could hope for is that they wouldn't get to start this kind of thing until noon on January 20.

Just a guess, but Trumps been kinda busy trying to fight fraudulent election results. The ATF also sees Harris’ inauguration (let’s be honest, joe is a placeholder) as a given at this point. With only a few weeks left under the old boss they DGAF anymore about what Trump says.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

Because there is no such thing as a gun friendly administration. There is only hostile and passive. The best we can hope for is passive.

Not to worry though. This is only a regulatory twitch aimed at stupid items.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    First bump stocks, now pistol braces. Ironically, we were better off under the Obama Administration.
    Yeeeup.

Yeeeup.

Just a guess, but Trumps been kinda busy trying to fight fraudulent election results. The ATF also sees Harris’ inauguration (let’s be honest, joe is a placeholder) as a given at this point. With only a few weeks left under the old boss they DGAF anymore about what Trump says.
    Yeeeup.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Thanks for the link. I get all of FPC emails but somehow I missed this one. That line in the link about getting a free SBR sounds like a rope-a-dope trick to me. Get a free SBR.... so that now we know who you are and we can TAKE IT LATER.
    I mean, they are going to try to take it regardless...SBR or no SBR.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    I mean, they are going to try to take it regardless...SBR or no SBR.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Exactly. When that happens the edifice of civility will have long singe worn off. Hopefully it's more like Ireland and less like Liberia when that day comes. I can handle doing car bombs now and then. General Butt Naked not so much.

Last edited:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

So there media can say "continuing a Trump administration policy" and get middle America to believe Trump initiated the change vs some swamp bureaucrats.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Even for a "free SBR", complying is submission. No reason to register anything according to The Second Amendment. "Shall not be infringed", does not allow for exceptions or limitations by any agency or municipality. The key word is "shall" and is not flexible in the law which is specifically why it was chosen by the founders.

Their intent was that the people would always be able to fight tyranny on equal footing to preserve the republic and never be subservient to the government, or one of it's agencies.

If you have not yet concluded that all aspects or our republic have been infiltrated by corruption, you are only fooling yourself.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    About the whole not complying thing...

Your ranges will ban them. Stores will not sell them. You will be holding on to what is basically an unusable felony in your basement (aka, all risk, no benefit). You may as well drill a sear hole in your gun at that point and go for broke, TBH. If this is your hill to die on, go for it, inform the police you're not giving it up and do some civil disobedience.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Even for a "free SBR", complying is submission. No reason to register anything according to The Second Amendment. "Shall not be infringed", does not allow for exceptions or limitations by any agency or municipality. The key word is "shall" and is not flexible in the law which is specifically why it was chosen by the founders.

Their intent was that the people would always be able to fight tyranny on equal footing to preserve the republic and never be subservient to the government, or one of it's agencies.

If you have not yet concluded that all aspects or our republic have been infiltrated by corruption, you are only fooling yourself.

This^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    About the whole not complying thing...

Your ranges will ban them. Stores will not sell them. You will be holding on to what is basically an unusable felony in your basement (aka, all risk, no benefit). You may as well drill a sear hole in your gun at that point and go for broke, TBH. If this is your hill to die on, go for it, inform the police you're not giving it up and do some civil disobedience.

This is the big problem. We might not comply, but the next generation will have no choice. This is far more disastrous for the next generation of gun owners than it is for "hey, it's a free SBR" crowd.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    It is really getting to that point where hell if they are going to turn us all into criminals anyway and take away everything we have / own! We should just go full auto on it! :lol:

Seriously though :sad20:
    Personally I'm done complying and playing nice with whatever rights I have left! I'm not giving another inch. You guys do whatever you want and see where that gets you in about 3-4 years time.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    This is the big problem. We might not comply, but the next generation will have no choice. This is far more disastrous for the next generation of gun owners than it is for "hey, it's a free SBR" crowd.

Nothing is for free! They'll get you to register it so that they can take it away! The first step for them is to know where all these things are. Why do you think they are working as we speak to get rid of build kits and polymer 80s ???

Sure, I can see that. But for people that already have an NFA item, you're not really losing anything by adding another without the tax or the wait.

I'm not a big brace fan, but if the ATF is giving out free SBR's, I might go grab one :lol:

Except in Md where the minimum length is 29 inches those with uppers less than 10.2 inches won't be able to do so.

But this isn't really about turning your pistol into an SBR.. it's about the ATF changing ITS rules after millions of these were sold and are in use. I don't see many people complying relative to the number of braces out there.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    I hate to be "that guy" but when bump stocks, triggers ect were being banned, many cried "doesn't affect me" well, welcome to the slippery slope. Now pistol braces, it will continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom