• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eadgbe194

Jan 31, 2010
    I took my new 22 rifle and went to Cresap for the first time today.

It was about a 40 min drive, but no traffic so I didn't mind. Everyone working there was friendly, there was no wait for a shooting lane, I got my rifle sighted in at the sight in bench, and then moved onto the further targets. It was a blast, and it was cheap too!

I realized that 100 yards is a lot farther away than I thought. Also I am planning on going deer hunting for the first time this year, and realized I will need a scope on whatever I will hunt with for me to feel comfortable taking a shot at anything past 50 yards.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I realized that 100 yards is a lot farther away than I thought. Also I am planning on going deer hunting for the first time this year, and realized I will need a scope on whatever I will hunt with for me to feel comfortable taking a shot at anything past 50 yards.

I hope you aren't planning on hunting deer with the .22!! :D

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I hope you aren't planning on hunting deer with the .22!! :D

Small Deer? ;)

I think it's pretty rare to get a shot at deer in most of MD at 50+ yards. The exception is farm country, where field deer are a dime a dozen. And I think most of MD is shotgun only? Exceptions being the high-western part of the state, eastern shore and southern MD with a valid farmer's permit (I need to get one of those)?

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Washington, Allegheny, Garrett county is okay for rifle, as is the northern part of Frederick County. Most everything else is shotgun (slug only). There as specifications on caliber and muzzle energy (basically, .243 and larger). Someone will be along shortly with a DNR link I suppose.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    What # bench were you shooting from?

I was at rifle bench #1 with GSG5-22 and pistol #14 with M&P/FNP from 12:15 - 2:40.

eadgbe194

Jan 31, 2010
    What # bench were you shooting from?

I was at rifle bench #1 with GSG5-22 and pistol #14 with M&P/FNP from 12:15 - 2:40.

I was at rifle bench #2, I think I might have said hi to you.

To all the other comments about deer hunting, I just finished my hunter safety class in march and I have the book with the rules. My friend is taking me and he hunts using his 30-06 so we are planning on driving to somewhere where using a rifle is legal. I think I want to buy a 30-30 before deer season gets here.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I was at rifle bench #2, I think I might have said hi to you.

To all the other comments about deer hunting, I just finished my hunter safety class in march and I have the book with the rules. My friend is taking me and he hunts using his 30-06 so we are planning on driving to somewhere where using a rifle is legal. I think I want to buy a 30-30 before deer season gets here.

You did. Nice Groups.

I was thinking maybe we (MDSF) shooters could have a little flag or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom