• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    If SoMD goes, I'll move out of PG county. I'd be glad to have them move the line a mile over from AA Co at this point. I can't believe I pay the same taxes as a friend with a house that costs 2.5 times as much in Calvert Co. SMH

WESTMD

Member 2006
    Feb 19, 2006
    Far Far Away in W/MD
    As a life long Garrett County boy who's family has been here since before there was a Garrett County, I do not think that at least in Garrett County we will have to worry about turning progressive anytime soon, but then again I never thought I would see Deep Creek Lake ringed by condo's and people who would complain if you were out shooting on your farm...

But I do admit I would put a lot of time and energy to make separating from Annapolis happen if it goes forward! Otherwise I have been looking at land in WV.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Im glad Carroll is in there, where would the revenue come from for the schools.

Tax assessment for rural counties wont come close to the urban counties.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    If you fellows in the high country get this figured out and get some traction, we'd love to follow your lead on the Shore.

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    How about western MD be a business friendly state, w/lower taxes, 2A rights, right-to-work, and utmost uphold constitution. We could be like a mini Texas. I bet we would be a whole better business climate than urban MD. Business, business, business........that would pay for the lost revenue in taxes. The model MOM is using sure isn't working so maybe we in western MD could prove that a business friendly state can be sell sustaining.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    This may be fun to think about, but keep in mind that it will never EVER happen. This has been talked about off and on for years and years and years on the Eastern Shore -- there is zero chance of it happening.

Successful people fail frequently, unsuccessful people fail once.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    As a life long Garrett County boy who's family has been here since before there was a Garrett County, I do not think that at least in Garrett County we will have to worry about turning progressive anytime soon, but then again I never thought I would see Deep Creek Lake ringed by condo's and people who would complain if you were out shooting on your farm...

But I do admit I would put a lot of time and energy to make separating from Annapolis happen if it goes forward! Otherwise I have been looking at land in WV.

When they put the stop light up at Glendale and 219, my first thought was "wtf? thank god that doesn't apply to me." But it turns out the lights to keep the tourists from hitting each other DOES apply to residents. I remember when you waved at every car that you passed, even if you didn't know the person, and they always waved back and smiled...

But seriously, FAT CHANCE at the state letting their new wind energy and shale gas reserves slip out of their greedy hands. They could care less about the people, but they care greatly about their tax dollars and kickbacks.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    My god that's a scary thought. Could you imagine this state?

Yeah, I can imagine that state, it would be called "The District of Corrections."

Build a wall around it and never speak of it.

It could be where all the dumbass liberals are banished to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom