• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I wore my Px4 Storm a bit last night. Sometimes I feel silly wearing it around the house, but I still put it on from time to time since it is the only damn place in maryland I CAN wear it...

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    Shouldn't...

I wear my Glock 19 around the house all the time. Living in PG county, you never know when there will be a "KICK" at the door and an unwanted guest stopping by to rob ya.

Besides, my wife thinks it's sexy when I'm packing.... :innocent0

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    I have a pair of scissors, multiple pens and pencils, two letter openers, and a ruler to defend myself with. At work in Maryland :)

Almost forgot, a decision ball with some heft to it and my laser printer. I shouldn't leave out the keyboard as well. Unfortunately it's the newer more plastic model, not like the old heavyweight IBM keyboards.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I don't carry around my house thats my safe zone but when I am out either a colt det. spl. .38 or a glock 17

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    Being fresh to the gun owning arena and waiting for the paperwork to come back, i'm putzing around with some pepper spray. My 870 is a bit bulky to lug around the home, but the spray is compact, effective, and will give me about 5 seconds of pain to keep some goon busy while i rack out the 870 or bat if i'm feeling froggy.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Gee, you all are lucky.

I work for a big company in MD. They have a "no knives" rule. I even have to take the tiny swiss army knife off my keyring before I go into work. I was given a free logo'd (sp) multi-tool by my company and I was told I had to take it home that day because it had a knife blade.:wtf: I'm not even allowed to have a metal butter knife.

That leaves me armed with a plastic knife from the cafeteria, my bare hands and my wits.

On the other hand, I'd bet I still have everyone at my work outgunned, just by my wits alone :innocent0

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I hope you're kidding.

I fear he's not.

We don't have a blade ban at work, but we do have lengthy rules covering them.

And, ever since my ex-boss decided to make himself and his ex-boss a couple of ex-breathers, we even have a rule regarding having firearms in vehicles on the property.

Mesh that with MD law, and it makes going for a plink after work a tad difficult.

Last edited:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Gee, you all are lucky.

I work for a big company in MD. They have a "no knives" rule. I even have to take the tiny swiss army knife off my keyring before I go into work. I was given a free logo'd (sp) multi-tool by my company and I was told I had to take it home that day because it had a knife blade.:wtf: I'm not even allowed to have a metal butter knife.

That leaves me armed with a plastic knife from the cafeteria, my bare hands and my wits.

On the other hand, I'd bet I still have everyone at my work outgunned, just by my wits alone :innocent0

WOW...thats just screwed up!

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I hope you're kidding.

Unfortunately, I am neither kidding nor exaggerating in the least.

Not only that, when they initiated the ban, I spoke with my manager, got the name of the person to contact about getting an exception for my Swiss army knife on my keyring. It has a little Philips and flat blade screwdriver that I find useful. I was denied because opening the occasional box in my office with the blade did not count as a 'need to have'.

Oh, and technically, I can't even leave it in my car in the parking lot because that's on company property.

My $.02 on this is simple. I could simply ignore the ban and carry my penknife and there would be no ramifications because no one would notice nor bother me if they did. However, I comply with this lunacy because they pay my salary and have every right to make the rules. I, on the other hand, have every right to go and work somewhere else if I don't like the rules.

Rob

Just for kicks, here is a pic of the Evil Black penknife...

Attachments

• Evil Black Knife.jpg
      Evil Black Knife.jpg
      38.5 KB · Views: 101

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    It's not as bad as it sounds. Any idiot could walk into the copier room and rip the very large, very sharp, very heavy handle off the paper cutter and be armed with a pretty wicked machete in about 5 seconds.

It just a bunch of the usual PC :asshat: stuff from higher ups.

{On a side note: I finally got a good excuse to use the :asshat: smiley. WooHoo!}

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom