What Are You Bringing To The Fall Shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Well my truck is packed and ready, which was an exhausting challenge all on its own...

I'm bringing 5 pieces of 2'x2'x5/8" steel plate and a frame capable of hanging two pieces at a time. I'll probably put the frame somewhere along the 100yd berm for those of use shooting 7.62x39 or smaller. I'm also prepared to donate one of the larger pieces to anyone who volunteers to drag it down to the 300yd berm for the big guns to perforate. (I also have an hand cart in the back of my truck, but a ride on a golf cart would be easier given the likelihood of encountering mud).

As usual, I've also got 2 cases of clays to sprinkle liberally on the berms. My view is that clays are a free-for-all. I apologies in advance if I shoot yours... but you're welcome to mine too, just not all at once with a burst from a MG 3 seconds after the range goes hot!! :rolleyes:

I almost forgot to leave space for weaponry. :sad20: Luckily I found room to squeeze in the following goodies:
    - 16" M4gery in 5.56 with CompM2 Aimpoint
    - 16" Lothar barreled Spikes ST-22 with Truglo 2x red dot
    - Ruger 10/22 with 16" GM barrel, Yukon Revolution stock and Burris 3-9 scope
    - Marlin 39AS with Busnell Banner 4-12 scope
    - a virgin Sig P229 Elite Dark in .40S&W looking to pop its cherry
    - Beretta 87BB (.22LR)

I'll also be bringing a shooting bench and a couple of chairs if there is room to set them up. I don't think I'll bring the canopy, since the forecast is looking pretty good at this point.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    AR, p220, sig-22 (the bug) 91/30 and sks maybe
    Oh and something I can afford to shoot... my 10/22 to go with the sig misquito (sp I know)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Everybody:

Please don't show up before 8:15.

We need time to mark the additional lanes, post safety rules, put the auction stuff together, mark the parking lot ,etc.

I know everybody wants to get their preferred shooting lanes, but those that have attended before will know that even if you start in one position, you can easily move around as the day progresses. We WILL have to share lanes and it would be appreciated if you would case your unloaded guns when not in use rather than leaving them sitting on a bench that somebody else could use.

Also, please don't back your vehicles all the way to the firing line. We need to leave at least 4 feet between the backs of the vehicles and the concrete pad on the firing line so people can move about easily.

Thanks y'all.

Tractor Boy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2008
    Severn/Greenbelt/Iraq
    I am also bringin my newly aquired(today @ the gun show in easton) Stevens 12 gauge pump......... cleanin out the car to pack now

any body wanna donate a few rounds of 8mm mauser for me to sight in my huntin rifle???

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Everybody:

Please don't show up before 8:15.

We need time to mark the additional lanes, post safety rules, put the auction stuff together, mark the parking lot ,etc.

I know everybody wants to get their preferred shooting lanes, but those that have attended before will know that even if you start in one position, you can easily move around as the day progresses. We WILL have to share lanes and it would be appreciated if you would case your unloaded guns when not in use rather than leaving them sitting on a bench that somebody else could use.

Also, please don't back your vehicles all the way to the firing line. We need to leave at least 4 feet between the backs of the vehicles and the concrete pad on the firing line so people can move about easily.

Thanks y'all.

Note for the next shoot, post this at the begining so that everyone is more likely to read it. I am sure there are a lot of people heading out already or are already at a motel there to arrive super early who will never see this.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Magnum Research BFR (45-70 Govt)
    Magnum Research BFR (30-30 Win)
    a Couple of Heritage rough riders (22 lr)
    A Couple of AKs
    CGA SKS
    Remington 799 (7.62X39)

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    if I can make it I'll try and bring:

Romanian M44
    PSL-54C (needs sighted in)
    Saiga .223
    Sccy CPX-1
    one of the AR-15s
    GSG-5 ??

important question:
    Do I need chamber flags at DSC or will mag out, BHO and weapon on bench be considered safe to go cold?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Just finished my first batch of Ar reloads for tomorrow. Hoping to make it there by noon.
    Packed up 2 Ar's Mosin M44, 10/22 and the Ruger Compact in .308.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    if I can make it I'll try and bring:

Romanian M44
    PSL-54C (needs sighted in)
    Saiga .223
    Sccy CPX-1
    one of the AR-15s
    GSG-5 ??

important question:
    Do I need chamber flags at DSC or will mag out, BHO and weapon on bench be considered safe to go cold?

Sorry for the late answer, but no, flags are not required although on guns that don't lock open they certainly make ceasefires go smoother.

BTW, if you have a gun that does not lock open be prepared to hold it open with an empty case or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom