What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Spent most of the week sorting, cleaning, and prepping 1500 rounds of newly acquired brass.

I couldn't stand being completely caught up. ;)

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Did another inventory of powder and primers on hand. Need to get more W296, IMR3031, and Varget at some point.

I ordered 4064 from Powder Valley last week. After shipping and hazmat fees it came to ~$35/lb... not great, but at least it's supposedly being shipped...

Looks like they have 3031: https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/imr-3031/

I've been looking for Varget for a couple of months now... I'm down to my last pound.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Spent most of the week sorting, cleaning, and prepping 1500 rounds of newly acquired brass.

I couldn't stand being completely caught up. ;)

This has been me. Started with 10gal of .223 that became 5gal of processed .223 and 4gal of 300BLK. I’m about 3gal through swaging, my motivation level wanes until I’m reminded of the price of Ammo and the civil unrest

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I spent a little time on my 223 case feeder build today. I'm impressed with it; the dropper design is such that it's exceedingly unlikely you're going to wind up with upside down cases.

I also got one other toy, but I want the Inline Fab QD mount before I show it off.

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpg
      IMG_1871.jpg
      38.7 KB · Views: 276

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Load Development for 45ACP on the Dillon: new 200gr lead SWCs... starting at 5.2 gr WW231 working up to 5.8 in 0.2gr increments. Loading 20 rounds each (testing four 5-shot groups). I'll make a trip to the AGC range some time this week... then, I'll be set for .45ACP practice ammo...

Come join us at the AGC pistol range for the Bullseye league, which is every Tuesday. Practice starts at 4:30pm. Match starts at 6pm. Your 200gr lead SWCs would feel right at home. That's what I shoot. Here is the info:

https://www.agcrange.org/calendar/view.php?calendar_id=41855

If you've never shot bullseye league, I recommend getting there by 5. The league is informal and open to the public. Cost is $5. Bring 2 mags, at least 90 rds of ammo, and eye & ear protection. Caliber of your choice. Most folks shoot .22LR, 9mm, or .45ACP. Some mix and match.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I spent a little time on my 223 case feeder build today. I'm impressed with it; the dropper design is such that it's exceedingly unlikely you're going to wind up with upside down cases.

I also got one other toy, but I want the Inline Fab QD mount before I show it off.

Yea once I'm done with the 9mm setup, I'm going to print the plates and adaptors I need for 300 B/O then I'll to 5.56 last.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I routed out my bench top today for a flush Inline Fabrication quick change mount. I have been using one on my bench already, but I wanted another. :party29:
    If I could figure out how to get my Giraud on a QD plate, I'd probably be up to three... probably will get there anyways if I build a smaller bench in the house proper for brass prep (which is why I'm working the 223 case feeder... will be feeding a Lee APP).

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    If I could figure out how to get my Giraud on a QD plate, I'd probably be up to three... probably will get there anyways if I build a smaller bench in the house proper for brass prep (which is why I'm working the 223 case feeder... will be feeding a Lee APP).

Dan custom-made me a plate for my vise. If you give him a tracing (including mount holes), he'll make you one pretty quickly. He may already have one. They aren't all listed up on the site.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I may ask him about it. Truthfully, I probably need to do a broader reorg, because if I buy an 1100 at the end of the year, I'm going to need another QD mount out there anyways. (Not that I've ever moved my 650, that thing is way too freaking huge to move regularly.)

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I may ask him about it. Truthfully, I probably need to do a broader reorg, because if I buy an 1100 at the end of the year, I'm going to need another QD mount out there anyways. (Not that I've ever moved my 650, that thing is way too freaking huge to move regularly.)

I've been considering the 1100 as well. If/when things stabilize next year, one will be coming to my bench. I'm nervous when setting my 550 into a storage dock, since it is pretty heavy. I don't do it that often, but the dock has never let me down.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Come join us at the AGC pistol range for the Bullseye league, which is every Tuesday. Practice starts at 4:30pm. Match starts at 6pm. Your 200gr lead SWCs would feel right at home. That's what I shoot. Here is the info:

https://www.agcrange.org/calendar/view.php?calendar_id=41855

If you've never shot bullseye league, I recommend getting there by 5. The league is informal and open to the public. Cost is $5. Bring 2 mags, at least 90 rds of ammo, and eye & ear protection. Caliber of your choice. Most folks shoot .22LR, 9mm, or .45ACP. Some mix and match.

Thanks for the offer and I'll likely take you up on it after I'm fully healed... I have another round of surgery sometime around the end of November...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've been considering the 1100 as well. If/when things stabilize next year, one will be coming to my bench. I'm nervous when setting my 550 into a storage dock, since it is pretty heavy. I don't do it that often, but the dock has never let me down.
    The Inline FAB QD mounts are better than the Dillon strong mounts anyways... I was never really going to use anything else. I've sent WAY too much money to Inline Fab for their products, they really do have great stuff for how I reload.

Re: the 1100, it all comes down to being able to swage on press, which is a necessity if I'm going to commit to reloading bulk 223. I suspect this is the real reason why Dillon is death on Swage-It usage; it's not just the potential for damage to the 650/750, it's that a huge piece of the 1100's selling proposition is that swage station on it.

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    last weekend I found a load-master in the classifieds and made the trek down to southern MD to pick it up. haven't done anything with it yet, have to build up some brownie points first by crossing things off the honey do list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom