What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I just finished loading up 20 more 7.62x54R rounds for my Mosin. 50gr IMR 4350, 180 gr Sierra SPT, WLR, 2.975" COL. I'm going slow (not found a groove yet), but they're right on.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    had to cancel my big range day today b/c i seem to have gotten that nasty cold going around. I was tempted to go anyway but I want to shake this thing off before Monday. Going to have to wait until next week i think.

However I do consider reloading=rest so I converted a bunch of misc range 223 brass to 300ACC. Trimmed about 200 cases using my test jig and router setup mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I has a ton of LC brass I want to convert. Can I visit? I can bring adult beverages for afterwards. :D

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I has a ton of LC brass I want to convert. Can I visit? I can bring adult beverages for afterwards. :D

I'm going to make a new simpler fixture design and test it out. The test jig is not much faster than using the mini chop saw but easier on the fingers for sure.

If you are serious about getting together I would be cool with that. I'm still learning so I'm sure some experienced advice would be more valuable than adult beverages which I have in abundant supply.

I know you have volunteered to help others get into reloading and I've been thinking it would be nice if there were some way to create a classroom style meeting somewhere sort of like what Chad does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Mine are lead sized to .358 and work great in my Colt 1911 in .38 super that was reworked to fire .38 Special wadcutters. It's strictly a bullseye gun , like a S&W Model 52, however it can use button nosed wadcutters as opposed to flush seated wadcutters like the 52

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Loaded my first batch of 300B/O Subsonics. They sure look purdy.

756b5cb9d2e23c2416bbdd1bbda497e6.jpg

Also resized a bunch if creedmoor cases.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Started to load 45-70 this evening and had a major problem with static electricity. The powder was sticking to my plastic funnel. I tried for about an hour to get rid of the static but nothing worked. Then it dawned on me to use a clothes dryer fabric softener sheet and it got rid of static instantly.

I used to keep a spray bottle of a small amount of liquid fabric softener in water.

And when things started getting sticky, at the end of the session, I would mist down the plastic parts.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I have had reasonable success eliminating static on plastic items with a few wipes using a dryer sheet. Since it is dry you could use in between powder charges if needed. Usually a quick once around on the funnel surface does the trick.

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    Over the last couple of days, I loaded a couple hundred 9mm target rounds. I also cleaned some matchgrade .308 brass, and loaded 40 rounds of a new hunting load.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Working up a precision load of 6.5CM using AA4350. Not much load data out there so had to poll a lot of web info to decide on my max load. Hopefully will be able to shoot this weekend.

b5eb0b1993011ed22ecebb4c5db875a0.jpg

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    Bench is 12 feet long and covered with loading stuff on one end, cleaning stuff on the other and all manner of stuff in the middle. Just cleaned a Kel-Tec 2000 in 9mm and am checking the goodies that I got from a bud who got it from MidwayUSA. I will test some factory 115 grain FMJ in that and a Diamondback DB9

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom