What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I'll have to do that.. I have admired them in previous posts for sure!
    I'm very happy with the ones he made me. My friend has a bunch of them too. RussD sizes them specifically and the fit is very good. Cases don't tip over with an aluminum powder funnel on top anymore.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I picked up 2x 223 and 2x 308 from him. With those 2 sizes, I can use those blocks for a good number of calibers that I reload.

I recommend the 3D printed blocks from RussD.
    Nice. It started with .284 case sized blocks as they are an odd size and get tippy in standard magnum blocks. They don't fit in .473 blocks.

My buddy loads a lot of oddball milsurps (think rimmed stuff) with large case heads. RussD is handling that and even agreed to look at a case block for 20x138B. Very good guy.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I’m really glad you guys like your blocks so much. If anyone is looking for a few just shoot me a PM. I’m not set up to do these in bulk, but I can pump out 5-10 a week and I don’t mind at all as long as the expenses are covered and I can keep the printer rolling. We don’t do it for a business my son and I just use it to spend time together as a hobby.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    **********************GONE GONE GONE***********************************
    Getting out of shooting (AMD in right eye precludes aiming, and left eye is questionable.....so getting out of reloading also. Only thing left is a supply
    reloaded 9mm and 38. They are "light" loads for target practice. Don't feel much like unloading them, so they are up for grabs FREE. I do have a Hornady hammer for unloading and that goes with the cartridges. All have CCI spp.
    Anybody interested, please send PM. First to say "I'll take them" get them.

I'm in Severn a few clicks south of BWI, and a bit West of I97 on New Cut Road,
    in Anne Arundel Cnty.
    ****************************************************************************
    GONE GONE GONE
    SO IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG, AND WE ARE GOING TO SET A PICKUP DATE AND TIME.
    MANY THANKS
    Thank you sir, it was a pleasure talking to you.

bhumbertson

MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2013
    Clear Spring, MD
    Rolled a batch of 6.5 Creed for load development. Sure are pretty.
    385810120_10226418900113414_307922757846718026_n.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Been a little lax on updates:
    1. Finished out my CCI SPMP for 9mm. Not a big fan of these primers, but they go bang in my P320s. I had to do some press tweaking for some new 9mm bullets which have a longer profile than my previous ones. No big deal, but will require some test firing. Once I've verified my COAL is fine, I'll start pumping out more 9mm using Ginex SPP and see how my guns like that.
    2. I've been punching through 223 at a pretty rapid rate, and am almost through my 55gr bullets. I swapped out the die over the priming station to a small base body die, and things have been a little better going into the gauges.

On the 223 front, I think my next project will be loading up my TBBC pulls as self-defense rounds. I am starting to run out of TAC, so I may use up some spare XBR 8208 for that... this is a one-time project, so I don't really care if it's a powder I don't typically keep around.

After that, I'll swap toolheads and start figuring out 110gr VMAX loads for 300 BLK.

ETA: ran out of TAC. Oops. Order placed for more. Too bad it wasn't in stock at Bass Pro (or so the website claimed).

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have some 6.5 grendel to load. I thought I had a 120gr fusion load worked up, but the data isn't in my load book. Damn. I'd really like to try the fusions on a deer this year. I have a couple boxes of factory, so if all else fails I can just sight my Howa in with them and use a factory load. Which is what I just might end up doing at the end of the day. Just too damned busy between now and early gun. First off, I need to hunt my stand at my house while it lasts (getting divorced, though now it sounds like my wife does want to keep the house, if so I should be able to continue hunting here, we are on very good terms). But I do want to hunt western Maryland tail end of early gun I think. two or three nights out of the house and away would be nice, and hunting makes it nicer.

I also really want to work up a 45 super load. But I suspect that is going to wait. If I am fairly lucky, I might get two range sessions in between now and Western MD hunting trip. Too much going on between the divorce, holidays, Wife has a business trip, I'd like to be in a stand for early ML, school stuff for my kids. December I think I'll have a crap load of spare time, but not now.

I guess I can load up a ladder for 45 super and some other stuff (maybe another .308 load. I have some 175gr SMKs I want to load) and let it sit till I have the spare time to really test things.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Loaded up some more 9mm this morning with Ginex, since I verified the loaded rounds plunk test as expected. Finally have restored my 9mm buffer, which feels good. I have very mixed feelings about Ginex SPPs; they don't go in very smooth, and my Primer Pro doesn't like them much. But I have to admit you can really crunch them deep without undue effort, which is a big plus to me.

I also lucked into 1k of 124gr STREAK pulls from American Reloading, so I think some night-shoot-specific ammo is in my near future. :)

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Got my lee auto breech lock pro set up for 223 brass processing. Works well with the mark 7 power trimmer.

Processed ~300 washed range pickup 223 cases, first pass was decapping with the mighty armory decapper and resizing with a rcbs small base sizer. Second pass is trimming with the mark 7 power trimmer, and running the cases through a 223 ball expander to knock off the burr. The cases were then swaged using the lee app swager.

The cases are sufficiently prepped up to fully progressive load 223 in my lee pro6000.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Trying out some CFE BLK .500 S&W mags with 46 grains of powder and 350 grains Berry. Using large rifle primers instead of large magnum rifle primers. I am very OCD about my rounds, I use calibration weights for whatever amount of powder I am using so there are no mistakes. After priming I turn the cases upside down and when filled they go right side up ready for loading. I use a light crimp as my last process and place the rounds in another holder, so I know they have been properly done.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    CFE BLK is magical powder, that's for sure. Great for 7.62x39, too.

I'm going to fire off a few 223 rounds for the chrono and then finish off the rest of my 55gr loading. I'm becoming convinced I need to dry tumble these rounds once they're finished to get the lube off (the gauging is a little tighter than it needs to be), so a third tumbler barrel for dry media may be in my future.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    CFE BLK is magical powder, that's for sure. Great for 7.62x39, too.

I'm going to fire off a few 223 rounds for the chrono and then finish off the rest of my 55gr loading. I'm becoming convinced I need to dry tumble these rounds once they're finished to get the lube off (the gauging is a little tighter than it needs to be), so a third tumbler barrel for dry media may be in my future.
    When cleaning I us an ultrasonic cleaner which gets everything clean. Then I resize and after resizing I try tumble in lizard beading with some Flitz polish added in for super shine. After that I will hand load.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    When cleaning I us an ultrasonic cleaner which gets everything clean. Then I resize and after resizing I try tumble in lizard beading with some Flitz polish added in for super shine. After that I will hand load.
    Yes. I'm talking about after that last hand-load part. I load on a Mark7 Evolution, it's going through a sizing die as part of that process, and thus needs lubrication during loading.

Prepping all of my .357 Sig to load. I finished cleaning it and am taking a break from decapping and .40 cal sizing.
    I was taught to decap and .40 size with a carbide die before putting it on the progressive and .357 Sig sizing. This allows for very smooth progressive action and sizes the necks perfectly. An added bonus is that no lube is needed.
    Loading .357 Sig can be tricky due to the really short bottleneck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom