What do we know about the Licensing Division Commander?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    We blame Hogan and Pallozzi for not acting. We flame the licensing division troopers for not approving our applications, but I never hear anything about the division Commander, Capt. Stachurski. He certainly has skin in this game, but what do we know about him, his position on the issue and whether he has any influence with his boss?
    Thoughts?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    We blame Hogan and Pallozzi for not acting. We flame the licensing division troopers for not approving our applications, but I never hear anything about the division Commander, Capt. Stachurski. He certainly has skin in this game, but what do we know about him, his position on the issue and whether he has any influence with his boss?
    Thoughts?

I can actually answer that with approximately 90% confidence.

He is very much a 2A person, so far has been easy to work with and provide any information we have asked for as well as taken any suggestions we have made and added them to his to do list. He has been in the position for 3 months now and is still working to get a full understanding of what they are doing and why. Very much open to suggestion for changes, and has some influence, but ultimately unless his immediate boss shuts him down, he can change things he deems need changing.

I started talking to him by e-mail and am now on a first name basis with him to include having his personal cell number and an open invitation to stop by his office any time to discuss anything.

As things continue to change and evolve, we will see.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Sounds like a definite improvement over the old guy, who I had the displeasure of meeting in his new post as commander of ASED a while back...

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

He is very much a 2A person, so far has been easy to work with and provide any information we have asked for as well as taken any suggestions we have made and added them to his to do list. He has been in the position for 3 months now and is still working to get a full understanding of what they are doing and why. Very much open to suggestion for changes, and has some influence, but ultimately unless his immediate boss shuts him down, he can change things he deems need changing.

I started talking to him by e-mail and am now on a first name basis with him to include having his personal cell number and an open invitation to stop by his office any time to discuss anything.

i'll take this as an endorsement?

i have talked to trooper knaub and he seems receptive, others here have a differing opinion. :popcorn: :smoke:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

Great to hear.

Remind me to give you 2 of my acorns.

:D:D

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    All I can say is that he could make some new friends immediately by fixing the handgun roster to stop making up imaginary new assault pistols. Ditto for the rifle list, now that I think of it.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    i'll take this as an endorsement?

i have talked to trooper knaub and he seems receptive, others here have a differing opinion. :popcorn: :smoke:

Sgt. Knaub is nothing if not professional on the phone and knowledgeable on the subject of wear and carry permits. He is the person I end up talking to, 9 times out of 10, when I call to make sure I am providing a correct answer to any of our members who asks a question about the wear and carry permit and I don't quite know the answer but think I do.

The issue with Sgt. Knaub is his view if the permit and the applicant when it comes to defending his opinion of a denial, in front of the HPRB. He tends to take as personal, not professional.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sounds like a definite improvement over the old girl, who I had the displeasure of meeting in his new post as commander of ASED a while back...

Changed that for you, Delaine Brady was the previous Commander of LD.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Changed that for you, Delaine Brady was the previous Commander of LD.

My bad. My trooper at work told me the current ASED commander used to be in charge of LD.

Edit: forget eveything I said. The trooper I'm speaking of is only a corporal, not even the commander of ased. Imagine that, getting misinformation from msp...:rolleyes:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Sgt. Knaub is nothing if not professional on the phone and knowledgeable on the subject of wear and carry permits. He is the person I end up talking to, 9 times out of 10, when I call to make sure I am providing a correct answer to any of our members who asks a question about the wear and carry permit and I don't quite know the answer but think I do.

The issue with Sgt. Knaub is his view if the permit and the applicant when it comes to defending his opinion of a denial, in front of the HPRB. He tends to take as personal, not professional.

Arbitrary & capricious decisions are considerably personal. Is he the decider? (As GWB would put it)

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

If, in passing, you could ask why out of state police officers, are not exempt from getting an HQL? We can carry in all 50 states, but can't buy in our own state. If I didn't serve in the Navy (which I never touched a gun in) I would have had to go through a training class. This is asinine! I have since caved, and acquired an HQL, but, it's still bugs me. Yes I know, wah wah.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If, in passing, you could ask why out of state police officers, are not exempt from getting an HQL? We can carry in all 50 states, but can't buy in our own state. If I didn't serve in the Navy (which I never touched a gun in) I would have had to go through a training class. This is asinine! I have since caved, and acquired an HQL, but, it's still bugs me. Yes I know, wah wah.

The answer to that I can answer, read the law and blame the general assembly for how they wrote the law. You have to serve in LE in Maryland to be exempt, not be LE that lives in Maryland.

BTW, how do we get you to add "MSI Member" to your sig line? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom