What happened with the hql laws from 2013?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    What happened to the laws of 2013 regarding guns in Maryland? I was told that the laws are back to what they were prior to October 1 or last year. Has there been some case that I have not been following? Does this only involve the Ar style weapons?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    FSA2013 is still in force.

There have been some changes in interpretations. Stripped lowers are for sale again, but you can only built legal configurations from them (HBAR, pistol, or SBR).

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    What happened with the hql laws from 2013? Reload this Page Reply to Thread

What happened to the laws of 2013 regarding guns in Maryland? I was told that the laws are back to what they were prior to October 1 or last year. Has there been some case that I have not been following? Does this only involve the Ar style weapons?

Somebody gave you false information...

NO Merry-Land gun laws have EVER been repealed or voided...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

no change in laws since oct 1.

ar has exception... it has to be hbar to be legally purchased today. (its been there in regulated firearm list for years).

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    You can't blame anyone...

...Or ever will, unless it's to replace it with something MORE restrictive, because that's what Democrats do best.:rolleyes:

it is really hard to blame anyone for being confused about the state of MD's gun laws... While the LAW has not changed, the enforcement (if you want to call it that) or interpretation seems to change daily.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    it is really hard to blame anyone for being confused about the state of MD's gun laws... While the LAW has not changed, the enforcement (if you want to call it that) or interpretation seems to change daily.

So much confusion that some instructors don't even know the course of fire. There was no real training for the police or anyone involved. O'mialley
    just want to pass the law to hell with the implementation. Old web site that usually only work on interent explorer and the list goes on and on.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    You are right. Lots of confusion. I had a call last night from a man that said the laws were back to what they were prior to October 1 of last year. Of course, he was wrong. But there are some allowances and exceptions concerning ar style firearms so that is why I asked on here. I appreciate the help in the clarification.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    no change in laws since oct 1.

ar has exception... it has to be hbar to be legally purchased today. (its been there in regulated firearm list for years).

I know the 308 have been cash and carry but supposedly there was also allowances made for the lowers. But I guess people were in talking to some commandos at the gun shop. :o

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I know the 308 have been cash and carry but supposedly there was also allowances made for the lowers. But I guess people were in talking to some commandos at the gun shop. :o

not long ago.. msp said that an ar lower can be purchased again with spec rulee that the buyer can only build it as hbar or pistol... an ffl can clarify it better for me.

thats prob what you heard.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    not long ago.. msp said that an ar lower can be purchased again with spec rulee that the buyer can only build it as hbar or pistol... an ffl can clarify it better for me.

thats prob what you heard.

That sounds exactly like it.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    Too many commits on the AR lower code caused a reality fork. Guy is in the 2014.1.1 branch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom