• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Nice looking AR! Same basic layout as I am building at the moment

Was the barrel on backorder or did it take months to ship? I'm fairly sure of the answer but I am looking at a pencil barrel from Brownell's and several months for shipping isn't going to work for me

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    a few questions, do you like the side attach sling? have you tried the magpul ambi sling mount? also why not the A2 front sight block instead of the flip up?

I have choices coming up with my two builds.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Assembled, not built/manufactured.

Who pissed in your cornflakes, and does it really matter?

Do construction workers only "assemble" buildings since they make them out of pre-made parts? Yeesh.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    Who pissed in your cornflakes, and does it really matter?

Do construction workers only "assemble" buildings since they make them out of pre-made parts? Yeesh.

It matters because of SB281. He is trying to get the point across that in MD you aren't allowed to manufacture/build a banned firearm like the AR15 is. We assemble them from parts we have laying around. He is not trying to be a plick about it (at least I don't think he is?).

Awesome use of your time but I do hope you get back to work soon!:D

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It matters because of SB281. He is trying to get the point across that in MD you aren't allowed to manufacture/build a banned firearm like the AR15 is. We assemble them from parts we have laying around. He is not trying to be a plick about it (at least I don't think he is?).

Oh good point - I had somehow forgotten. My apologies if that was the point of the post.

:)

And either way, yeah, that's a really nice looking rifle.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Excellent barrel choice!! :-) About 5 years ago, ( and I didn't even think about problems buying at the time, right after OBAMA got elected and the shortages began ) I purchased a complete RRA upper from the factory ( having already built a RRA lower months earlier ) with a 16" stainless steel 1:8 twist, Whylde chamber I have had nothing but great output from it. Has never had a FTF or FTE or any other type of mishap, and is definitely more accurate than me. I have always wanted to get some TOP NOTCH 62, 69 and 77 grain Match ammo, with a top notch scope to test out its capabilities, but, have not done so yet. It easily shoots 1 moa at 100 yds with no problems at all shooting some Hornady TAP ammo a few years ago. Only issue that I have, is that the barrel is heavy, so, I have made it more of a......DMR w 16" barrel.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Typical asshattery.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I guess you missed the part in there where I apologized if I had misread your post? Looks like I did indeed misread it, but calm down a little there, Beavis.

K3LAG

a few questions, do you like the side attach sling?
    have you tried the magpul ambi sling mount?

So far yes, but given that it hasn't been out of the house yet, time will tell. I do like the QR sling mounts though.

also why not the A2 front sight block instead of the flip up?

I have choices coming up with my two builds.

Two reasons:

1. I don't like to always see the front sight through the optic
    2. The AeroPrecision COP upper overhangs the gas block a bit, so a gas block mounted sight likely won't fit.

Larry

K3LAG

Excellent barrel choice!! :-)

Thanks. I'm a big fan of the Wylde chamber. All four of my uppers have them. 2 Criterion barrels and 2 White Oak barrels.

This is my first 'light weight' AR. The rest all have 20"-24" heavy barrels and are used for target or varmint shooting.

With the monolithic upper and 16" hybrid contour barrel, this gun is a lot lighter than my others.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom