What is a decent Fclass 600 20 round score?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quantum

Apr 5, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I shot at PNTC on the electronics this past weekend on the 600 yard range. It's all setup for NRA Fclass which I have never competed in but have considered trying. What is a decent score though. I shot in the 180's with 4-6 X's per 20 rounds. My rifle qualifies for f-t/r and I thought about looking for a match so long as I wouldn't be a drag on the other shooters showing up with a score like that. Thanks.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Depends, 585(over 60 rounds) or higher is a decent score, so figure average of 195 per round. Don't worry about being competitive, just go out and have fun. PNTC has some brisk wind and no flags, so its a little tougher to shoot there than other ranges.

Good luck its a blast!

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    I shot at PNTC on the electronics this past weekend on the 600 yard range. It's all setup for NRA Fclass which I have never competed in but have considered trying. What is a decent score though. I shot in the 180's with 4-6 X's per 20 rounds. My rifle qualifies for f-t/r and I thought about looking for a match so long as I wouldn't be a drag on the other shooters showing up with a score like that. Thanks.

An average of 184/200 for 120 record shots on the MR-1F target at 600 yds merits a classification of Sharpshooter. Marksman classifications are issued to those who have fired at least 120 shots in organized competition, but did not reach a minimum score.

As long as you perform your scoring and pit duties (it will be explained to you), show up with a 600 yard zero (or enough dope to figure one out from your 200 yd zero), and keep your hits on the paper (and off the berm and number boards) you'd be welcomed at any NRA prone/F-class match.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    There is a 3X600 at Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club (that is 3 separate 600 yard matches) on June 15th (father's day). Come down and try it. Sign up by 9:30 AM shoot at 10:00 AM.

Good luck

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom