What is the loudest most obnoxious gun you own?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Magnum Research BFR in .50AE. Every time I shoot her someone says, "Is that a .44?" I get a perverse joy out of replying, "No, she's a .50."

Side Note: She's a sweet handgun, but she'll make you flinch.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I used to think my 1895G was loud with hot loads. Then one day I shot my buddy's Weatherby Threat Response Rifle in 30/.378.

The muzzle brake was rectangular and stepped, howitzer style. You could see the shockwave going to each side after each shot. Recoil was extremely light with the brake on. He called it unshootable without the brake.

Ranb

Aug 4, 2015
    My most annoying gun is a suppressed Universal M-1 Carbine. I profiled the barrel to attach a high volume 300 whisper silencer I made. I figured with the gas system emptying into the barrel instead of in my face like my ar-15 (I shoot left most of the time) it would be nice. Instead the blowback from the chamber is enough to move my hair; I need double eye protection to keep from tearing up. Observers think it is fine, until they shoot it.

The Universal M-1 slide keeps breaking on me also.

My loudest (but less annoying) guns are an LAR 50 BMG (but now it is suppressed) and my 16" AR-10 when unsuppressed.

Ranb

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

mosin m38 is a hell of a fireball thrower.
    stripper clip mosin.jpg
    My mosin at night.jpg
    for handguns, I'm pretty sure the cz52 is king over the m&p45 w/ LWD comp...although the comp makes the 45 obnoxious to neighbors

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I would say that currently mine is my DE 50. Although the 50 Beowulf pistol upper I sold awhile back would have been the loudest before. And I am in the market for a SW 500. So the DE could be dethroned in the near future. Also my 10ga Coach gun i have also might be louder. But I don't know yet I am waiting for it to come back from the gunsmith. It had the annoying habit of autofiring when you went to close it.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Either my AR pistol with the linear comp or my S&W 629 Hunter with Remington .44 mag ammo. Either one elicits a "what are you shooting" from the guy next to me. The Remington ammo for some reason creates a huge fireball.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I have several big noise makers including Tokarevs. But BY FAR the worst is my Smith 460XVR 8-3/8" compensated barrel. Not only do I double up on hearing protection, but the concussion goes right through you! The S&W 500s are the same (with probably a bit more actual recoil).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom