What is the most affordable FFL dealer to get a handgun transfer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Rifles aren’t regulated in Maryland, anymore. No need for the transfer, unless you just want to CYA.
    Actually, there IS a need for an FFL transfer of long guns. According to current Maryland law, there are no longer any private sales and any person-to-person sale must go through an FFL.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , used to be Regulated Rifles. They used 77R process & wait just like Handguns .

MSP has memorandum of understanding with Feds to be Point of contact for NICS in conjunction with 77R only .

MSP has no authority to execute a 4473 .

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I went to the Belair gun range and their transfer fee was $50 with cash
    Updated price shopping the Northern Belair area: everyone is $30-50 here depending on if it's a Maryland regulated firearm or cash and carry.

Autumn Sky's on US 1 in Street is my go to for transfers, everyone there are great to deal with and you don't have to deal with Belair Gun Ranges F tier parking.

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    Updated price shopping the Northern Belair area: everyone is $30-50 here depending on if it's a Maryland regulated firearm or cash and carry.

Autumn Sky's on US 1 in Street is my go to for transfers, everyone there are great to deal with and you don't have to deal with Belair Gun Ranges F tier parking.
    Autumn Sky is about 1/2 mike from my home. Nice little store, good guys to deal with and knowledgeable as well. Bel Air Gun Range is about 5 miles the opposite direction. Also nice guys and good to deal with. Bel Air is often really busy though so you may have to wait a bit and their parking really is minmal at best. But otherwise , both are good imo.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Autumn Sky is about 1/2 mike from my home. Nice little store, good guys to deal with and knowledgeable as well. Bel Air Gun Range is about 5 miles the opposite direction. Also nice guys and good to deal with. Bel Air is often really busy though so you may have to wait a bit and their parking really is minmal at best. But otherwise , both are good imo.
    Oh yeah both are great and both are 10 min from me but Belair is closer to work and I pass it on my way home and to work so I tend to stop there to give them my 77r pin and 7 day pick up and Autumn for cash and carry. I just hate Belairs parking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom