What is this abomination, and where can I get one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I was looking at Henry Long Rangers since they just put out a new model, and this thing popped up in an image search.
    3f255f3b435784ead2e520eec38263ea.jpg

My first thought was maybe a Ruger, judging by the magazines? I can't seem to find anything beyond this single photo, and it's locked behind Pinterest's registration wall. The stroke on that lever's gotta be really short for the mags not to get in the way, right? Or maybe the curvature's just right, actually.

Anyone know what this is? Just thought it was neat, even if horribly impractical/an offense to the levergun gods. :D

Rocinante

Jul 19, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I was looking at Henry Long Rangers since they just put out a new model, and this thing popped up in an image search.
    3f255f3b435784ead2e520eec38263ea.jpg

My first thought was maybe a Ruger, judging by the magazines? I can't seem to find anything beyond this single photo, and it's locked behind Pinterest's registration wall. The stroke on that lever's gotta be really short for the mags not to get in the way, right? Or maybe the curvature's just right, actually.

Anyone know what this is? Just thought it was neat, even if horribly impractical/an offense to the levergun gods. :D

Browning BLR .223 that's been modded to take mini-14 mags because regular mags are $100+ each, also has a custom barrel and furniture.

EDIT: Here's a pic of another one some UK joker bubba'ed
    iu

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016

Nah, of course that's possible; I think it looks similar, certainly, but the original just looks... older, stylistically? Reminds me a lot of the Ruger 96, honestly. That, or maybe a Savage, what with the lever and stock shape.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I think its a rifle, looks like fluted barrel with some sort of compensator as muzzle device.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Nah, of course that's possible; I think it looks similar, certainly, but the original just looks... older, stylistically? Reminds me a lot of the Ruger 96, honestly. That, or maybe a Savage, what with the lever and stock shape.

Not a Savage 99 - the receiver is the wrong shape. And the Ruger 96, like the Winchester 88, doesn't have an exposed slab type receiver.

I think Rocinante and Melric nailed it.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Post a link to the photo you pulled, sometimes that is much of the clue.

NVM,
    Found it:
    Google :
    browning blr AR magazine modification
    Go to this link
    https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/717690890587993342/?d=t&mt=login
    Just hit the X to close the login thing.

If you log in ,the image is not any bigger.
    The text on the pic says:

Armalon Browning BLR AR mag conversion.

Jeez, I completely missed the .au—that's plenty of a hint right there. Well, mystery solved; I might look into it more, see how the conversion's done. It's similar to the Adler A-110, and I think Squaregrouper was in the ballpark, too.

Thanks to Melnic and Rocinante; I can obsess over other weird designs now. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom