• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    Has 7.9 marked on it along with 7.9/FS/1944

I have about 200 rounds or so of it. Found it on a side job.

What kind of rifle do I have to buy to shoot it? LOL

Attachments

• 20120411_210836-1(1).jpg
      20120411_210836-1(1).jpg
      48.8 KB · Views: 302

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    quick google "Its technically 8mm Mauser, aka 7.9mm (7.92x57 military or 8mmx57 sporting)
    " corrosive

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    It's Turkish. Decent stuff. A friend used to run it through his 1919 when it was less than 5 cents a round.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    A 1919 as stated by a poster above would be fine since machine guns are used to hot rounds.

A Hakim would be definitely a huge no-no and will cause the gun to explode.
    I only shoot this ammo in my Mauser.

I believe the issue is firing corrosive ammo through a semi where there are so many more nooks and crannies to hold the corrosive salts and ruin the gun.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I believe the issue is firing corrosive ammo through a semi where there are so many more nooks and crannies to hold the corrosive salts and ruin the gun.

Nope I looked up stories about the hakim+Turkish ammo. The consensus is the ammo is loaded way too hot and inconsistent to work reliably in the hakim which will cause the gun to eventually explode from the constant pressure wearing down the gun. Besides unless the ammo is domestic or Prvi Partizan in the blue/white box all 8mm. will be corrosive.

I had a hakim and shot nothing but corrosive ammo in it. Cleaning was a breeze essentially since:

A) being a direct impingement design no need to worry about a piston just squirt cleaning solvent down the gas tube that will push out the salts and other buildup

B) Has an open breach that exposes the gas when fired where most of it ends up on your face rather than the gun :lol2: It gave my friend pimples he never had before :lol2:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    yep it shoots decent for surplus ammo...it is corrosive though...

wouldnt shoot turk ammo thru any semi...:thumbsup:

Fixed that for you. :)

I had a few thousand rounds of this too, but mine was in a light bluish colored bandoleer. Shot OK in bolt guns.

All the above.

Nope I looked up stories about the hakim+Turkish ammo. The consensus is the ammo is loaded way too hot and inconsistent to work reliably in the hakim which will cause the gun to eventually explode from the constant pressure wearing down the gun. Besides unless the ammo is domestic or Prvi Partizan in the blue/white box all 8mm. will be corrosive.

I had a hakim and shot nothing but corrosive ammo in it. Cleaning was a breeze essentially since:

A) being a direct impingement design no need to worry about a piston just squirt cleaning solvent down the gas tube that will push out the salts and other buildup

B) Has an open breach that exposes the gas when fired where most of it ends up on your face rather than the gun

:lol2: It gave my friend pimples he never had before :lol2:

The same thing gave a friend of mine venerial warts all over his junk.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom