What is your favorite unique caliber that is difficult to find?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    .327 Fed Mag I'm okay with loading my own but some factory ammo would be cool once in awhile. And some .32 H&R wadcutter or soft point, please.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****Some old guy (probably over 45 mebbe, really long white beard, all wrinkly) was asking if he could qualify for his W&C permit using his Volcanic pistol that uses rocket ball ammunition but has been having a hard time finding enough of it to practice for his test.

He mentioned the ammo used to be sold by some older guy in these packs of 200 but that guy closed up shop some time back to spend more time with his new young girlfriend he met while clubbing in D.C. and due to a drop in sales to go back to being a Hush Shopkeeper as he firmly believes there will be a resurgence to that profession once they repeal the repeal of prohibition (the 21st amendment) and alcohol is banned again.

A couple of boxes should be enough.

Thank you so much for the timely thread! The old man didn't seem too keen on qualifying for his W&C with my Glock or other semi-auto type pistols, as he thinks those are just a fad and will go the way of Phrenology.

rocket2.jpg

rocket3.jpg

rocket1.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-04 095623.png

Screenshot 2024-01-04 100951.png

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    .45lc is the most challenging round that I look for. Many places that I do find it only have low powered CAS loads.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    .45lc is the most challenging round that I look for. Many places that I do find it only have low powered CAS loads.
    That right there is the perfect reason to get into reloading! :D

Oddly, I had a tough time finding 20-gauge target ammo locally the other day, but I had a guy pick me up a flat when he was out further west.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    6mm Rem. A buddy has one for his deer rifle, and it's getting harder to find.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Used to work with a guy who hunted with 6.5 Jap. SAid it shot really flat and was good out several hundred yards, but impossible to find. He reloaded it.

Target Sports USA

Industry Partner
    Nov 22, 2022
    ****Some old guy (probably over 45 mebbe, really long white beard, all wrinkly) was asking if he could qualify for his W&C permit using his Volcanic pistol that uses rocket ball ammunition but has been having a hard time finding enough of it to practice for his test.

He mentioned the ammo used to be sold by some older guy in these packs of 200 but that guy closed up shop some time back to spend more time with his new young girlfriend he met while clubbing in D.C. and due to a drop in sales to go back to being a Hush Shopkeeper as he firmly believes there will be a resurgence to that profession once they repeal the repeal of prohibition (the 21st amendment) and alcohol is banned again.

A couple of boxes should be enough.

Thank you so much for the timely thread! The old man didn't seem too keen on qualifying for his W&C with my Glock or other semi-auto type pistols, as he thinks those are just a fad and will go the way of Phrenology.

View attachment 448016
    View attachment 448017
    View attachment 448018 View attachment 448019
    View attachment 448022
    This is a piece of history! Thanks for sharing and for the photos!

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    7.63x25 mauser for me.

The broomhandle mauser is my favorite old gun to bring to the range to show off,
    from its wildly optimistic sights ranging out to 1000m, to the internal box magazine.

I find a couple boxes of PPU or fiocchi every so often at gun shows,
    thus dissuading me from jumping into reloading for it,
    but because I only rarely find a couple boxes, rarely does the broomhandle go to the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom