What is your favorite unique caliber that is difficult to find?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Wow! He probablt doesn't need it that bad! LOL! Maybe this will inspire him to start reloading

There seems to be a couple of seasonal runs per year on .35 Rem. I seem to remember seeing some availability a month or two before deer season. The price was better, but was still 40 bucks a box if my memory serves. Then again, seems most all hunting cartridges are climbing in price.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    There seems to be a couple of seasonal runs per year on .35 Rem. I seem to remember seeing some availability a month or two before deer season. The price was better, but was still 40 bucks a box if my memory serves. Then again, seems most all hunting cartridges are climbing in price.
    He did go out and buy an $1800 crossbow so he could save money on ammo

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Wow. Some really rare stuff here.

I occasionally get the idea of finding a rifle chambered in a mythical caliber from my youth - 7.35 carcano.

And then I see the ammo some old collectors are selling at the gun show... and I take a pass.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    6mm ARC
    204 Ruger
    300 PRC
    * these 3 have limited commercial offerings but very few manufacturers make it and it’s usually expensive if and when you can find them

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    50AE was two dollars a round the first time I fired it back in the mid 1990s and it was two dollars a round the last time I found some for sale locally. I saw some online for two fifty a little while back but did not get any. Hard to find in stock for sure. I have my stash but I ended up buying a 44 mag barrel for my Desert Eagle.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    303 Savage... $50 for 20 rounds for what is essentially 30-30 with a heavy 190 grain bullet option. The positive is I'm going to learn reloading for it so there's that.

Terps2003

MDS Supporter
    Feb 14, 2023
    Baltimore County
    7.63x25 mauser for me.

The broomhandle mauser is my favorite old gun to bring to the range to show off,
    from its wildly optimistic sights ranging out to 1000m, to the internal box magazine.

I find a couple boxes of PPU or fiocchi every so often at gun shows,
    thus dissuading me from jumping into reloading for it,
    but because I only rarely find a couple boxes, rarely does the broomhandle go to the range.
    Han Solo's blaster was a modified C96. Cool piece of knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom