What is your most effective varmint pellet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Just wondering what everyone else is using. I pretty much only use the Predator polymer tipped pellets in .22cal 16grain. They are expensive, ~14-16$ for a 200 count tin. I am pretty happy with the results though, they give the tree rats the business :D

I find them to be accurate and deadly. most of my shots are in the 40-80 yard range. I clocked them at an average of 610fps out of my RWS34.

Here are some photos of the pellets I recovered from the 4x4 behind the target at 45yards. If you look at my post in the pron thread you will see the target (little white blotch between the bird feeders). The target is 22ga aluminum flashing.

Predator pellets 1.jpg

Predator pellets 2.jpg

This one is neat. I hit the angle iron frame holding the target with this one. Glad I found the pellet.

Predator pellets 3.jpg

Nov 14, 2010
    Kingsville, MD
    I use the same .22 predators. You can get them kinda cheap at pyramyd air. Their pellets are buy 3 get one free. I haven't been keeping up on new ammo though but I did see that there is a heavy version of predators out now that I would like to try out.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I use the same .22 predators. You can get them kinda cheap at pyramyd air. Their pellets are buy 3 get one free. I haven't been keeping up on new ammo though but I did see that there is a heavy version of predators out now that I would like to try out.

Thanks for the heads up on pyramid air. I'm pointing my browser in that direction right now to have a look at the heavies :) hope they have them.

indiana cletus

Slayer of squirrels
    Apr 26, 2011
    pikesville md
    destroyers!

I've been experimenting with various pellets for small game, crosman destroyers seem to be the best ive found! coming out of my crosman phantom, they are pin point acurate, hit hard, and almost always result in one shot drops on squirrel and crow.seem to be made well, dont deform in the tin and as i said deliver excellent accuracy. plus theyre cheap! i could shoot more expensive ammo but why bother when i get better performance from something thats 2 bucks a tin at walmart? it puts squirrel in the freezer, thats what matters... fyi, ive compared to crosman pointed, hollow point, high velocity, daisy pointed, gamo rocket, red flame, and gold plated.

ThumperIII

Jun 11, 2009
    Maryland
    I do like the reviews on pyramidair. Arguments about which pellet has the best knock-down power and the penetration vs expansion with which has the best 'hydro-dynamic shock' delivered by pellets in the 6-8 ft/lb energy level.

been using the Predators or some Cabelas 14.3gr hollow point hunting pellet. Very clean and uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom