• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Swing by the Amish grocery store and got canned goods, big bags of pasta, ten pounds of bacon and some flour, a pound block of yeast, 100 pounds of White sugar a few gallons of molasses and 20 lbs oh brown sugar

The Amish had 1/2 gallon cans and 2.5 pound foil packed tuna that I am thinking about getting but I am not sure yet

Went to get dog food at the dollar general, it was on sale, and they had a case of sloppy joe and ten cans of spam that I was looking for

Now I need to get a few more propane tanks filled

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Filled up my truck on the way home, came home and got 4 empty gas cans and filled them up. I bought 2 bags of ice for my wife and found 1gallon jars of Duke's Mayo, 2 of them came home with me.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Swing by the Amish grocery store and got canned goods, big bags of pasta, ten pounds of bacon and some flour, a pound block of yeast, 100 pounds of White sugar a few gallons of molasses and 20 lbs oh brown sugar

The Amish had 1/2 gallon cans and 2.5 pound foil packed tuna that I am thinking about getting but I am not sure yet

Went to get dog food at the dollar general, it was on sale, and they had a case of sloppy joe and ten cans of spam that I was looking for

Which Amish grocery store you go to? The one off 236?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    This was just a top off impulse buy at a decent price all things considered. $20/50.

After I hit 5k per caliber I stop counting and just keep adding when the price is good :)

At that price I would have paid the $400 and bought 1,000. Where did you find m193 for that price?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Which Amish grocery store you go to? The one off 236?

The one off rt 6

On glock drive.

Turn on glock, go about 1/4 mile and when you get to a red barn turn right and the road horse shoes left to the store

Cash only as far as I know but they may take a check but idk

Nice people

jimboman2000

Jan 9, 2014
    Cecil!
    Wow guys, I can't believe how shocking this is. I have always been told to keep it in the fridge. I use enough butter that it won't go bad over a week or two so that should be good right?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Tuna? I had no idea there were Amish fisherman? Or did they buy that?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Wow guys, I can't believe how shocking this is. I have always been told to keep it in the fridge. I use enough butter that it won't go bad over a week or two so that should be good right?

If you keep your house air conditioned the butter in a butter dish will be fine for a week or two.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Tuna? I had no idea there were Amish fisherman? Or did they buy that?

Well it’s a grocery store, like a small one from when I was a kid that was every ten or twenty miles apart on every road down home

I purchased 10 regular size cans of tuna and ten cans of chicken breast

I was thinking about getting the big cans of tuna or foul containers also but they’re so big I would worry after we opened them we couldn’t eat them before they went bad

I love that place and the Amish in general

And Amish love to fish for relaxation

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Think I went too many lights south in my head. RT 6 is right. I'll have to head over there. I know they've got 5 pound bricks of fresh caramel that's delicious.

My wife try’s to keep me outta that isle lol

I have seen big giant blocks of chocolate and I get a bag or two of the Carmel’s with the cream in the center, there like crack to me lol

And just one light to far lol

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Recently bought a new generator. Almost twice the output as my old one, dual fuel, and it has electric start. :bannana:

Today I topped off all of my jerry cans, bought a new 20lb and 30lb propane bottle so now I'm up to 24 hours of run time on propane or 40 hours on gasoline.

Which is about 10 times the total amount power outage time that we've had in the past 18 years. :lol2:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Very true, but they also went from hen to house to breakfast plate much faster than they do today, now that they're shipped and stored all over.

They keep without refrigeration, but they keep longer with it.

My FIL had a grocery store. For some 40 years, eggs came in unrefrigerated. And were stored in the stock room without refrigeration.

Then the health department decided they needed to be refrigerated. No reason, someone got a bright idea.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    [Kev308];5987748 said:
    It will turn moldy after about 3 weeks, but no, you don't have to rip your bread apart trying to spread hard cold butter!!!

Mine doesn't turn moldy.

Typically the fat content is too high for mold to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom