• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I started loading .222 Remington 50 years ago with the following (I have added a lot since) but it was a great introduction that taught me a lot with out costing a bunch:

Amazon product ASIN B094ZKD1WN

All are sources I have bought from so you can price compare, they all carry the same or similar stuff. This is enough to get started on a shoe string, with saved brass you just need powder, primers, and bullets.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Another +1 to avoid the garbage priming on the 4000. Get the 6-pack pro the priming is rock solid.

Pick this light up too - worth its weight!

Also get the red powder hopper it allows you to add powder without taking the entire thing off the press.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    I like a good drop-in cartridge case gauge, it lets you know your brass meets SAAMI specifications. For pistols I like the full cartridge gauge letting you know your finished rounds will chamber.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I like a good drop-in cartridge case gauge, it lets you know your brass meets SAAMI specifications. For pistols I like the full cartridge gauge letting you know your finished rounds will chamber.
    infact I bought the Hornady case gage for my 223 and like it a lot, dropped all my cases in their once resized and seperated them between ready to go and what needs to be resized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom