• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S.M.I.B

May 21, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have two lowers sitting around and not sure what to do with them. Looking maybe for something mid to long range. Have a couple short range rifles already. I don't reload yet either so that might limit me some. What ideas do you guys have? I am sure this has been discussed numerous times but a new thread will help get my post count up.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    18" SPR build is always an option.

Or you can go down the (sometimes infuriating) rabbit hole of alternate calibers, but if your not reloading, that may not be the soundest decision.

Could always do a .204 Upper, the options are nearly endless. Just depends on your finances and expectations.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The first would be a carbine length 16" upper, probably using a Magpul MOE etc. You should check out PSA's website. They are running a great deal on a build kit with YHM upper. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/ptac-16-m4-1-7-5-56-nato-yhm-rifle-length-diamond-rifle-kit.html

The second would be ser up as a pistol. Using the Phase 5 buffer assembly and a 7.5 inch or 10.5 inch barrel makes a great close range gun.

Once you have the initial builds done you can customize and make changes all you want. Just be sure to keep the rifle a rifle and the pistol a pistol.

S.M.I.B

May 21, 2013
    Calvert County
    Already have a Stag 3G for Short/Mid range .223. For close range have a Tavor and Sig 556R. So not sure where to go with the next two. Thinking a .458 Socom is a possibility for something different. Maybe build one into a long range rifle. Not sure what caliber would be good for long range.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Long range and AR, 6.5 Grendel, but it ain't going to be cheap.

458 SOCOM is a thumper, but if you don't reload - it may not be your thing. Complete uppers seem to be almost vaporware as well from my searches.

S.M.I.B

May 21, 2013
    Calvert County
    Leaning toward 6.5 Grendel and .458 Socom. Probably finish the lowers between now and the end of the year. That will give me time to watch the ammo market and see what availability looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom