• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    First was shooting my Dad's Remington 510, single shot, bolt action. We put Lyman peep sights on it for me to shoot NRA Marksmanship Badges with. We still have that rifle.

First one that was mine, Marlin 99C (fancy version of the classic Model 60) that was a Christmas present when I was 11. I also got a Weaver V22 scope with it. Still have the combo.

Next was a Ruger 10/22 from Best Products, when I worked there. Still have that also, but it has been "tweaked" a BIT. :D

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    When and which store? I may have sold it to you. :D

Best guess is 1989, location was at the one on Parklawn Drive in Rockville.
    Still have it and haven’t done anything to it. Was actually thinking of selling it since I haven’t shot it in forever. I have a 50th Anniversary model and a Ruger American Rimfire that I shoot normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Still have it and haven’t done anything to it. Was actually thinking of selling it since I haven’t shot it in forever. I have a 50th Anniversary model and a Ruger American Rimfire that I shoot normally.

Nope, I worked at the one near Security Square Mall. One winter/Christmas season in college.

I think I paid about $60 for my first one. Just bought another one for $230. :(

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My parents still live in Twinbrook on Ardennes near there. When I was in HS at Rockville High, I used to get stuff from there, WC Bell and Evans jewelers. I did not know Best Products sold 10/22s. Neat...

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    First 22 rifle I fired was a weatherby mark xxii. I will eventually inherit the rifle and it is a tack driver.

First 22 rifle I bought was a 10/22. Still have the rifle.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Mine was a Savage (dont remeber model number) I bought it for 99 bucks from Sports Authority back in 1998. Loved the gun. Some crack heads/ pill heads broke into my parents house when i was in college and stole it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom