• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    I don't need a reason, but if you insist, see below:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Come on, man. I'm on your side. You don't need to throw platitudes at me.

All of you, please critique the IDEA.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ///

Even so, in MD this is something we could consider suggesting ourselves to forestall a worse "solution."

... I find your intellectual chops to be lacking.

You really don't get it. You can't make friends with those people. You can't meet them half way. They will not applaud you for being reasonable.

I'm not sure what an "intellectual chop" is, but it's apparent you have no clue regarding the faithless mendacity of the post-mod progos.

If they want to demonstrate good faith, they can start by abolishing the NFA and the GCA.

I want my cake back. All of it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Come on, man. I'm on your side. You don't need to throw platitudes at me.

All of you, please critique the IDEA.

Where the hell do you moles keep coming from?

All so earnest, with the same damn script.

So to bed. Some of us have private sector jobs.

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    You really don't get it. You can't make friends with those people. You can't meet them half way. They will not applaud you for being reasonable.

You may be right. I think that perhaps depends on who "they" are.

My concern is that the unwillingness to even discuss whether a potential solution is reasonable will result in "them" growing ever more numerous and less interested in preserving our liberties.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I just sold a gun today, in a home depot parking lot.
    Had a nice conversation with the guy as well. Used to live in Germantown and work in DC. Seems to have a nice little collection.

Maybe he made the whole story up and he's really a hardcore gang banger and felon. Either way, it's none of my business.

Some people.want to treat gun control like the movie minority report. Let's stop Every thing before it happens.
    Doesn't work in real life.

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    To the OP's original post and idea something similar already occurs in many free states. When I buy and sell rifles FTF up here in PA most everybody shows their LTCF permit. You need to pass a background check every 5 years to renew your permit and I believe if you commit an offense that would disqualify you from having the permit they will get it from you. So basically, if all of you in MD had carry permits you would know the guy you are selling that AR to is allowed to have it.

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    Where the hell do you moles keep coming from?

All so earnest, with the same damn script.

So to bed. Some of us have private sector jobs.

Rofl. Mole.

Honestly man, do you think yourself better than the progressives you critique? Sitting here on the throne of this pitiful institution, you believe yourself to be a wielder of moral authority? You're their mirror image, my friend.

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    I just sold a gun today, in a home depot parking lot.
    Had a nice conversation with the guy as well. Used to live in Germantown and work in DC. Seems to have a nice little collection.

Maybe he made the whole story up and he's really a hardcore gang banger and felon. Either way, it's none of my business.

Some people.want to treat gun control like the movie minority report. Let's stop Every thing before it happens.

Okay, so would you say no background checks at all then? Useless gesture?

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Look, I get where you're coming from, but replace the subject of your question with another constitutional right. "What part of the 1st amendment and free speech would we be willing to give up?" etc. etc. It's a slippery slope. And then the next tragedy comes along where whatever we gave up just isn't enough and they ask us to give more. It's just too dangerous to play that game.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

You mean puppies and unicorns won't swoop in to always save the day if we just relent and let gubmint insert itself way up into every nook and cranny of our junk? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    What do we ever get from "compromise"? I'll tell you, more calls for us to compromise. Enough - the system is failing because the people running the system are failing, it's just that simple.

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    Look, I get where you're coming from, but replace the subject of your question with another constitutional right. "What part of the 1st amendment and free speech would we be willing to give up?" etc. etc. It's a slippery slope. And then the next tragedy comes along where whatever we gave up just isn't enough and they ask us to give more. It's just too dangerous to play that game.

Well, I see your point. But I'm not sure whether I think my suggestion really compromises our 2nd Amendment rights. Can you elaborate on how it does?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The thing about "meet halfway" is there has never yet been a proposed Compromise .

Compromise means each side gives somthing, and gets somthing . Never has there been any offer to give our side anything , only a negoation of how quickly we surrender.

Want a hypothetical compromise ? Treat narrowly defined trigger cranks and Hellfires as NFA- in exchange Hughes is eliminated , and newly mfg FA comes back . That is an actual compromise.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If FSA 2013 didn't satisfy them, what will? What have they ever given back? Do you let the feds keep your tax refund in the hopes that they won't take as much next year? Maybe send a little more their way just in case? I believe that what you suggest will happen in MD...but the longer we make them fight kicking and screaming the longer we can keep a shred of our rights. If you give them this (and, there is a good chance they will be taking bumpstocks and magazines too), what will you give them next year? AR-15's? Next they will want shotguns...within a few years, you better brush up on your boomerang skills and practice saying, "G'day, mate." Thank goodness they haven't figured out about the Glock 7. We'll really be in trouble when they find that loophole

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    You mean puppies and unicorns won't swoop in to always save the day if we just relent and let gubmint insert itself way up into every nook and cranny of our junk? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Haha, yes that would be absurd.

But what about individuals being able to run background checks on themselves? Your thoughts?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Haha, yes that would be absurd.

But what about individuals being able to run background checks on themselves? Your thoughts?

This year it's voluntary. Next year, it's mandatory, with fees attached. The year after that: registry, increased fees. Next comes checking your safe to make sure you don't have any unregistered firearms. If you do, you'll never have firearms again.
    For the children.

WIMN

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 10, 2016
    This year it's voluntary. Next year, it's mandatory, with fees attached. The year after that: registry, increased fees. Next comes checking your safe to make sure you don't have any unregistered firearms. If you do, you'll never have firearms again.
    For the children.

Can't they just do all of that anyway though?

The things you just listed are the entirety of the current discussion, because we're not adding to it.

We may eventually find ourselves wishing for the compromise that wouldn't have hurt.

But maybe you're right. Could be a slippery slope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom