• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C&R

Jan 11, 2008
    Arkansas
    Help me decide. I was wanting one of the used Sig p225's that are on the market presently, but also have a desire for a Walther P38 / P1. Same money, just can't make my mind up. Can't buy both, I only allow myself 1 gun a month. What would you do? keith

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Suppose, a month from now, supplies of both have dried up - I think you're more likely to find someone reselling a used P225, than a P38.

So I'd grab the P38.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Well I guess it depends on why you really want a handgun.

Do you want it for defense? I would go with Sig.

Do you want a rarer historical firearm? I would go with P38.

Ask yourself why you really want a handgun and I think the question will answer itself.

I personally would go with the P38. I love mine but they are pretty ammo particular. The P1 isn't as historical and I have read that some are not as well built as the P38's. The P38's have all the interesting Nazi marks. It's proof that the holocaust did happen for all the conspiracy theorists. (Yes, there are stupid people who really think the holocaust didn't happen.)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I was at the gun shop near Ft. Detrick yesterday, and they had a P225/P6 (FOR $500!!!!). It felt so great in my hand. I can't wait to get mine. It's the perfect size, my palm comes right down to the edge of the grip.

They also wanted $24.99 for a standard Glock mag, and when I said "no thanks, I'll get it at a gun show for cheaper" the gentleman said "you'll pay 23.99 at the shows, I know the prices..." lol...

Sorry I can get 'em for $17 a pop at Midway...

Back on topic. The P38s are cool, I would like to have one. Hurry up and buy one before the end of the month lets out, and then call AIM Surplus and place an order for a 225, they're getting them at the end of April and won't charge your card until then! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom