• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Alphabrew I'd like to build a 9mm AR, I could shoot that at a indoor gun range.. Who do you recommend?

JoeBob outfitters has a 9mm Spartan billet lower for something like $150 that takes Glock mags. I built two guns, a rifle and a pistol, using these lowers. They are the EXACT same as New Frontier lowers, just re-branded with the Spartan stuff for JoeBob. The upper is basically putting the barrel into a stripped upper receiver and then choosing a hand guard.

If you have a higher budget, Engage Armament has some sweet 9mm lowers that take Glock mags which are branded Engage but made by Quarter Circle 10. These are generally considered the best lowers, but they are $300. All dedicated 9mm lowers are cash and carry. In retrospect I wish I'd have built just one 9mm AR but used an Engage lower for it.

v4kerker

Mar 23, 2014
    Crownsville, MD
    JoeBob outfitters has a 9mm Spartan billet lower for something like $150 that takes Glock mags. I built two guns, a rifle and a pistol, using these lowers. They are the EXACT same as New Frontier lowers, just re-branded with the Spartan stuff for JoeBob. The upper is basically putting the barrel into a stripped upper receiver and then choosing a hand guard.

If you have a higher budget, Engage Armament has some sweet 9mm lowers that take Glock mags which are branded Engage but made by Quarter Circle 10. These are generally considered the best lowers, but they are $300. All dedicated 9mm lowers are cash and carry. In retrospect I wish I'd have built just one 9mm AR but used an Engage lower for it.

:thumbsup:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    There's a nice, complete 9mm AR for sale in the classifieds here. CMMG complete rifle with rear sight, $925.

I guess the first decision is Glock mags or Colt mags. I'd prefer Glock mags everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, but maybe OP doesn't care.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I guess the first decision is Glock mags or Colt mags. I'd prefer Glock mags everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, but maybe OP doesn't care.

This is the correct answer.

Although with my 33-round G19, at delmarva, I embarrassed a poor gentleman who was attempting to show off for his lady friend by hitting 4 out of 7 rounds on the steel silhouette firing relatively slowly.

I missed 2 shooting as fast as i could from the same spot. :innocent0

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

Colt and clone mags come as 32-rounders. With the Glock mags, to get that capacity, you'll need to find Glock 18 mags and add an extension. Glock 17 and 19 mags are 17 and 15 rounds respectively.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    Glock 17 and 19 mags are 17 and 15 rounds respectively.

except when they aren't.

glock%2026%20full%20automatic%2033%20round%20magazine.jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Colt and clone mags come as 32-rounders. With the Glock mags, to get that capacity, you'll need to find Glock 18 mags and add an extension. Glock 17 and 19 mags are 17 and 15 rounds respectively.

33 round Glock mags are more plentiful and cheaper than Colt mags

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Yes, they are.

I just bought two 32-round mags for my Colt mag AR for $19.99 each. From a brick and mortar store. Korean Glock mags aren't that cheap.

That's an usually good deal. I've only seen them $50-60 for the metalform brand ones, genuine Colt are stupid money. Even ProMag 10 round Colt style mags are usually $25 or so.

May have been a closeout sale. I know Palmetto State Armory dumped a whole bunch of them for about that price or maybe a little less around the holidays just before they introduced their Glock Mag AR lower.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    Yes, they are.

You worded your post as if to insinuate that the only magazines available for 9mm GLOCK handguns are either 15 or 17 round capacity. I was illustrating that is not the case, and that much larger magazines exist. There are drums available out there as well.

As has already been pointed out, the price at which you got your colt magazines (actual colt magazines, or cheaper knockoffs? you didn't specify) is considerably less than they usually go for. 'closeout' promags are 25 on gunbroker. actual colt metal magazines are......a shitload more than that.

If you're going to act like a pedantic bitch about it, fine, but don't expect people to take you seriously if that's the case. ;)

(note that i said ACT LIKE, not that you ARE one. ;) )

(especially if you're going to compare the prices of genuine GLOCK magazines with those of knockoff non-Colt magazines for the Colt-based platforms)

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    ASC Colt-pattern magazines can routinely be found for $25 or so at the various gun shows. Not Colt brand but still very nice. 44mag.com has them even cheaper if you have a good friend who can order them for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom