What's the address for the House moderator?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    What's the address of the House moderator? (the guy that announced everyone's names and thanked them for their testimony). I want to send that guy a handwritten thank you card. I'm not sure if he is for or against the issue, but he handled the whole event with pure professionalism and had way more patience than me, allowing folks to go slightly over their 1 minute. I believe he did it the entire time right?

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    That was Delegate Vallario. I will say that even in the wee hours of the morning he thanked each individual and each group for their testimony. If nothing else he showed respect there.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    That was Delegate Vallario. I will say that even in the wee hours of the morning he thanked each individual and each group for their testimony. If nothing else he showed respect there.

Vallario is the chairman, but I think it was the guy on his right who did all the speaking. I think it was Peter Hammen

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    I am certain that it was Chairman Peter Hammen who did almost all of the talking from the main table all day.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am certain that it was Chairman Peter Hammen who did almost all of the talking from the main table all day.

That's the right guy. Not on our side, but was a class act all day, all night, and half the morning.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    Vallerio is the old fart on the right of center that looked bored with the whole process. He is a political hack of the first order based on my past experience in dealing with his committee. Having said that, I do recognize that he was at least fair in allowing all who wished to testify, do so. Sorry I cannot say the same for the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee Chair.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Vallario is the chairman, but I think it was the guy on his right who did all the speaking. I think it was Peter Hammen

After looking closely I believe you are correct. Thank you for the correction. I am sorry if I misled. Delegate Hammen will certainly be getting a letter, call, or personal visit from me to thank him.

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    I am going to send Delegate Hammen a thank you email or letter. I encourage others to do the same. This is also something that will distinguish us from the other side. The House had 1,300+ testimonies against this Bill--that's probably a record. Imagine if Hammen gets 1,300+ thank you emails/letters--that would be a record too.

Hammen did a great job and was very respectful to us all the way through the last speaker. That shocked me. This was unlike how Senator Frosh acted a few weeks ago (when the twin Bill was being heard in the Senate).

The bottom line is that Frosh went until 9:00 PM (with a ton of people left who wanted to speak), and Hammen gave everyone a chance to speak, which lasted until 3:45 AM.

7A38

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    I am going to send Delegate Hammen a thank you email or letter. I encourage others to do the same. This is also something that will distinguish us from the other side. The House had 1,300+ testimonies against this Bill--that's probably a record. Imagine if Hammen gets 1,300+ thank you emails/letters--that would be a record too.

Hammen did a great job and was very respectful to us all the way through the last speaker. That shocked me. This was unlike how Senator Frosh acted a few weeks ago (when the twin Bill was being heard in the Senate).

The bottom line is that Frosh went until 9:00 PM (with a ton of people left who wanted to speak), and Hammen gave everyone a chance to speak, which lasted until 3:45 AM.

7A38

I cannot agree more. I sent my email already and will be backing it up with a letter. I too encourage everyone to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom