• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I like how the biased and anti-gun "Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research" is so often used by gun control freaks to give themselves some legitimacy even though the "Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research" is fully bought and paid for by billionaire anti-gun hypocrite Michael Bloomberg.

Our side could sure use someone with Bloomberg kind of $$. We need our own building on a college campus to crank out some factual info.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Yip, yesterday it was with the Planned parenthood bunch supporting them and of course women in general. Now it's time to get tough on guns and clean up the rime rate.

Yeppers... 'Misogynist' is the new battle cry!

Somehow, it will be painted that guns are disproportionately dangerous to women, and that all law-abiding gun owners are closet domestic abusers.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    This is going to be part of Van Hollen's campaign for senate.

this.

"we need all states to pass handgun licensing for it to work"

which should make the hql lawsuit a slam dunk, dont you think?
    anyone want to help fund that?
    how do we make sure van hollen becomes retired?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Wonder if the conference will give us the reason why FSA2013 had absolutely no effect on gun violence in Bodymore?

Nah.

I'm sure "Danny boy" Webster is hard at work on a new study to prove the HQL has dramatically reduced violence in Bodymore. It may take some time, though. That's a lot of data cherry picking to arrive at that conclusion.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ew, defining G&S to include the basic right to self defense!

I knew he'd come around at some point.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    Are they going to do this every year on the eve of the new law taking affect. It's like taking a victory lap every year. It's pointless. Typical political bs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Here are the first couple sentences from the Maryland Daily Record. I do not have a subscription so cannot read the entire article.......

County, state and federal officials want to export Maryland's handgun licensing law to other states, billing it as a way to drive down handgun deaths. Attorney General Brian E. Frosh and Rep. Christopher Van Hollen Jr. Wednesday, the day before the second anniversary of the effective date of Maryland's law

And here is the text from the AG's facebook page........

October 1 is the second anniversary of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, one of the most important laws I ever worked on. A centerpiece is a permit process for handgun purchases. Research done this year by the Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research definitively shows that these kind of permitting laws lead to fewer deaths. That's why I support Rep. Chris Van Hollen's federal legislation providing resources for states to implement licensing plans, and why I hope that every state adopts such a plan. In the two years since the Maryland law passed, Maryland State Police have approved 33,000 permits, and have denied at least 526. That's 526 fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them -- violent criminals or those with severe mental illness. Our law means that six times a week, people who shouldn't have guns don't get guns. We need to keep working on safety for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom